[WebIF] Feature Requests

I find that the amount each press of the the buttons skip depends on the length of the recorded program, longer program = bigger increments.
Indeed, but they are steps in a continuous scroll rather than steps per press. I think I worked out that a single brief press skips by 1/100th the programme length.

Little help, please.

Obviously I have not understood because my TV Portal button is not disabled.

The only bit of the /mod/boot/ir3.map file that I have changed currently looks like this.

I've only changed the line beginning 4b:
Code:
40:40:VOL-
41:41:BACK
42:42:OPT+
43:43:INFO
45:45:AUDIO
46:46:SUB
4b:6b:PORTAL  -> Bookmark
4c:4c:SLEEP
4d:4d:LIST
4e:4e:WIDE
4f:4f:V-FORMAT
In order to convert it to Bookmark, what should it be?

TIA

That's correct, but have you enabled the custom map file in Settings for ir package, and have you rebooted?

The other thing which might trip people up is that the existing mapping file is just a template mapping all the buttons to the same buttons, self-commented ready for editing to requirements. It is read at boot time and translated into a mapping table, but the mapping table has a limited capacity. If something isn't working (despite having enabled mapping, and rebooted since the last edit), simplify the definitions (ie remove all the lines which don't do anything).

That's correct, but have you enabled the custom map file in Settings for ir package, and have you rebooted?

It should come as no surprise that I was unaware of this setting.

This has worked.

I now see the "No bookmark" pop-up if I hit that button.

Thank you once again, BH.

It should come as no surprise that I was unaware of this setting.

This has worked.

I now see the "No bookmark" pop-up if I hit that button.

Thank you once again, BH.
And it has been so long since I started using custom mappings that I had forgoten that there was a setting to be enabled! :confused:

The Package Management>Upgrades display doesn't dim out a package that was installed as a dependency, which is not a serious problem but a bit clunky: the user can update a package and the display is updated with no actual package update.

If it's easy to detect which packages were installed, the display of any affected packages could be changed. Or, if it could be detected that more than one package was updated, the whole display could be refreshed.

If you set show data in a folder from TheTVDB, shouldn't it/they propagate to all subfolders that don't have such data, so that you can apply the data to all season/series subfolders? Currently you'd have to do this separately for each one.

If you set show data in a folder from TheTVDB, shouldn't it/they propagate to all subfolders that don't have such data, so that you can apply the data to all season/series subfolders? Currently you'd have to do this separately for each one.
I've never found TVDB to be reliable enough to use - you might have a subfolder for each seaeson in which case specifying the season speciifc TVDB info might improve the matching and you wouldn't want automatic propagation.

Under the Webif EPG programme details, can the seconds be removed (hours & minutes is enough!).
I keep misreading as I'm not expecting seconds to be there.
Not a good example, but quickly reading:
Sun Aug 11 23:10:00 2024 BST
I'll get 23rd at 10:00, then think that can be right.

For that matter you don't need the year either. So Sun Aug 11 18:24:54 2024 BST would become Sun Aug 11 18:24 BST

Under the Webif EPG programme details, can the seconds be removed (hours & minutes is enough!).
I keep misreading as I'm not expecting seconds to be there.
Not a good example, but quickly reading:
Sun Aug 11 23:10:00 2024 BST
I'll get 23rd at 10:00, then think that can be right.
Agree, The WebIf EPG for the 7 day schedule (EITschedule) is very unlikely to have details containing seconds. I doubt that any EITschedule entry ever has. It's the now/next (EITp/f) freeview epg that has contained times that have had entries containing times to the second ending with ":30" instead of ":00".

AFAIK No other folder level setting automatically propagates down to sub folders, for Sweeper you have to explicitly specify if a rule is the apply to files in sub-folders. For other setting such as auto-decrypt we have the Recursive flavours for use if desired.

For consistency with the rest of the webif it would probably be better to have a Recurse yes/no toggle in the TVDB "Select series" dialog

the year might even be helpful in a post-Xmas haze.
Even if you have been on the Xmas sherry, gIven that the options are either Dec or Jan, I'm not sure it's too much of a problem to work out the year (either this or next) and why does it matter anyway? We're only talking about the schedule, not anything else.

Back