WebIF funny

everthewatcher

Forum Supporter
While recording Wheeler Dealers the WebIF was showing:
745_1_10_Video_2Live.png
Playing Wheeler Dealers/Wheeler Dealers_20170602_1400

What's funny about that. Do you have detectads running in chaseplay? That 'plays back' as you are recording.

What's funny about that. Do you have detectads running in chaseplay? That 'plays back' as you are recording.
No chase play and the recording was a scheduled one. I'd powered it up earlier to run a just-in-case disk check. On exit I'd power-cycled it manually as it was complaining about no signal as per usual, made sure it was now OK and left it powered up.

This was discussed a few months ago as I remember. It's normal - just some oddness in the way webif has to interact with the Humax system (remembering that the cfw is patched onto this, not integrated).
Ours often shows three programmes being played at the same time :)

Changes a few months ago improved the status display and DetectAds should no longer show as playing but it is still a matter of the webif reading the tea leaves when creating the status display

The status has to be surmised from what the CF can observe of the activity within the box, principally disk activity. So it's a best guess really.

Oh yes, I realise the CFW is piggy-backed onto the underlying Humax system which wasn't designed to be extended like this. It's just that it's the first time I've spotted this misreading what's going on like this.

Which is something that happens during chase get decryption at the same time as the programme is being recorded.

Showing something as playing implies the CF has observed a read access to disk.
Not exactly. It's observed that the Humax software has a recording file open and its size has not increased while it was watching. It watches for 3 seconds which is a balance between returning quickly enough and having time to notice a size change.
One thing that might not be widely known is that if you have redring installed, then this knows when recordings are in progress and the webif will use this information instead of checking the file size after 3 seconds. This makes the recording detection much more accurate and speeds up status display.

Back