WebIF HD Decrypt issues

Bluud

Hi all,

First up, congrats and thank you for such a great custom firmware and slick Web UI. I've just installed the latest versions of them today (custom 1.15 and webIF 0.8.12) onto my HDR. I haven't yet installed any custom packages or fiddled with any advanced features.

I can click download on an SD file and it plays fine on my PC (Win7 64-bit professional using media player).

But if I decrypt an HD file, it shows up as 'HD' and 'Dec' in the file list but this won't play once I download it. I've tried removing the 'Enc' flag first or not and it seems to make no difference.​
What is strange is that decrypting an SD file doesnt seem necessary. Both the 'Dec' decrypted version and the original both play fine after downloading to the PC, even though it didn't used to work using the standard FTP solution offered by humax.

Any help would be appreciated. It's great having easy access to my SD recordings, but being able to grab my HD ones too would be the icing on the cake!

Thank you in advance!

I have a similar problem where the SD .ts if ine in Windows Media Player, but HD .ts plays the video but cannot play the audio in WMP

The HiDef files will not decrypt (except by copy to USB) unless you run auto-unprotect to clear the Enc flag and also the streaming protection flags. Unfortunately (due to the historical development of how we got here) clearing the Enc flag with the WebIF OPT+ button (or with Foxy) is not enough at the moment (it is slated for improvement).

It is not at all strange that StDef files are OK - they are encrypted on the Humax disk but are not protected from decryption.

Note that you do not need to decrypt a file before downloading it from the WebIF - as long as it has been unprotected (with auto-unprotect) it will be decrypted on-the-fly during the download. It does need to be decrypted first if you wish to FTP it.

[Note: this query is very similar to THIS POST (click) - see discussion which follows]

The HiDef files will not decrypt (except by copy to USB) unless you run auto-unprotect to clear the Enc flag and also the streaming protection flags. Unfortunately (due to the historical development of how we got here) clearing the Enc flag with the WebIF OPT+ button (or with Foxy) is not enough at the moment (it is slated for improvement).

It is not at all strange that StDef files are OK - they are encrypted on the Humax disk but are not protected from decryption.

Note that you do not need to decrypt a file before downloading it from the WebIF - as long as it has been unprotected (with auto-unprotect) it will be decrypted on-the-fly during the download. It does need to be decrypted first if you wish to FTP it.

[Note: this query is very similar to THIS POST (click) - see discussion which follows]

OK, thanks very much for your reply. I'll look into adding the auto-unprotect module to my box.

I did also try decrypting and then FTPing off the box instead of using download, which also didn't work....

wow, ok auto-unprotect took 30 seconds to set up and now downloaded HD files work perfectly, without the need for waiting for a long decrypt phase!

Thank you for your help!

There seems to be an issue with the transition of the audio stream from the channel introduction to the start of the actual programme. Depending on the nature of the audio streams involved, most players seem to latch on to the channel intro and then fail to switch to the audio in the programme. Presumably, this will vary from channel to channel and from programme to programme, so it is likely that while you have had success with VLC, eventually you will come up against a file that doesn't work.

One solution is to use Splash Player, which seems to be the only one with a 100% record with Hummy files. Another is to edit out the channel intro using Drutt's on-box editor.

I've just tried it with a few files, using the DLNA addresses into VLC's network stream address box. As before, OK with SD, no sound with HD.

I just streamed Edwin Drood an HD recording - auto-unprotect installed. The streamed result is to slow and the sound/picture breaks for a couple of seconds evry few seconds. I am using wireless to stream to a laptop. I notice that the HD icon is still showing.

I am not sure if the problem is due to network speed or the on the fly decryption. Sound when it is there is fine.

I dont get this problem when streaming SD

On-the-fly decryption isn't the problem, it's done in hardware and supports HiDef streaming directly to my HD-FOX.

Ok thanks for that. I have no real reason to stream SD or HD, just wanted to get everything working that should.

I saw that people were having problems with streamed HD sound so thought I would add my pennyworth.

VLC 1.1.11 works fine for HD streaming, both video and sound, for me on Win7, except for network speed.

The 'works fine' relates to the ability to stream HD content including sound. Others seem to have a problem with sound. Hence for me, that part 'works fine'.

Back