Webif install issue

catnap

I had problems with my HD and one step I took trying fix them was to format again on the Humax. I encountered the "too big to format" issue and got round this by setting the box to RMA mode. The drive kept showing an error 8 however. I installed a new drive (a Seagate pipeline 2TB). I then loaded CF 1.03.12 mod 3.03 and next used telnet to get out of RMA mode. When I try to install the Webif (via the "yellow button"). I haven't been able to get past:

This may take some time depending on your Internet connection speed.

Please wait..
(i have edited out the spinning progress wheel)

Connection to online repository at http://hpkg.tv successful!

Updating package list...

Downloading http://hpkg.tv/hdrfoxt2/base/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://hpkg.tv/hdrfoxt2/base/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /mod/var/opkg/base.

I have tried twice but it remains the same after about 2 hours. My internet connection seems fine (I got a Hi Def BBC programme to play on iplayer via the portal).

I appreciate that not everything in para 1 above is necessarily relevant and that there may have been other ways to try to fix the disk, but it was over 4 years old and I already had the replacement as a spare.

Any suggestions re: the Webif delay?

I had problems with my HD and one step I took trying fix them was to format again on the Humax. I encountered the "too big to format" issue and got round this by setting the box to RMA mode. The drive kept showing an error 8 however. I installed a new drive (a Seagate pipeline 2TB). I then loaded CF 1.03.12 mod 3.03 and next used telnet to get out of RMA mode.
I don't know if it will change anything, but when you set RMA you need to install a non-CF firmware to complete the process. Setting RMA clears the HDD but not the CF elements in flash memory.

I've currently got exactly the same WebIf install issue.
I encountered similar problems a few days ago during a clean install and ended up installing each package manually to get round it. wget was stalling whilst attempting to download the channel icons package which is quite large. Sounds like a hosting problem that needs af123 to resolve.

Hi again

Now get this when I re-tried. Iplayer is ok and connects.

Connection to online repository at http://hpkg.tv successful!

Updating package list...

Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.

Error retrieving package list from the Internet. Please check your connection
and try again.

Just to let you guys know that it seems to be working again. Full Web If downloaded successfully. And is up and running :)

I tried again and all seems ok this time (and very quick).

BH - as far as I can tell I set RMA then installed the new drive, loaded the CF then used telnet to unset RMA after seeing a message that there were CF elements in flash but not in HDD (though I can't vouch for the message wording).

Thanks.

That process clears a flag which would otherwise inhibit further CF operations. What it would not do is clear any corruption in the flash (although over-writing with a new CF will do that these days - in the past the CF did not include a full flash image). As it happens your original problem was at the server end.

Having the same issue after trying to install CF for the first time last night (v1.03.12 mod 3.03). Just wrote a long post with details from the screen, but forum won't let me post links and lost the lot trying to get round that :)

I've tried the yellow button. Tried forcing a Telnet install, then reinstalled CF and tried both again. Moved the Hummy to a wired Ethernet connection and checked that portal iplayer can play back HD.

It gets stuck at different places (sometimes on the base package, sometimes channel icons). I did see some wget errors on one try but the rest of the time it's just stops.

Latest attempt after doing an rset:-
Connection to online repository at [link removed] successful!

Updating package list...

Downloading [link removed]Packages.gz.
Inflating [link removed]base/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /mod/var/opkg/base.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Stuart

I know it is not ideal but if you keep trying it does seem to work eventually.
It can be easier to use a command line via telnet and 'opkg update && opkg install webif' as you can interrupt this with control-C if it appears to hang and then try it again.

I have a case open with ISP to try and get to the bottom of this!

Would you be able to post an update if you get anywhere with the ISP? I've been trying on and off since Friday with no success. Thanks.

Oh - thanks very much for that. I've now got the webif up and running. Thanks for all the help.

Stuart

Back