Webif on ipad?

frenchscottie

I've just installed the custom firmware and the webif on my pc and was wondering if it can be used from an ipad so when i'm away I can check or set a recording. I tried to log into my ip address but it didn't work

I have set up a VPN to my ASUS router using OpenVPN. This enables me to access my entire home network when I am not at home and actually connected to my local network.

But remember, you can only access the Humax (or anything for that matter), if it is switched on and not in standby.

If you just wish to set recordings while away etc, then I recommend you install the RS package - Remote Scheduling. The wiki has lots of helpful information and I am sure Black Hole will point you to his 'Things Every..' info too.

I've just installed the custom firmware and the webif on my pc and was wondering if it can be used from an ipad so when i'm away I can check or set a recording. I tried to log into my ip address but it didn't work
All I'm going to say is that the Remote Scheduler (RS) service is for the purpose of setting up recordings etc from outside the home network, and to look up the details on the wiki. Trying to access the WebIF by entering the Humax's IP address on the home network from outside the home network is doomed to failure, because your local IP addresses are exactly that: local. They have no validity on the Internet whatsoever.

It is possible to set up mechanisms that would allow you to access facilities on your home network from the wider Internet, but it is fiddly and the RS service renders it unnecessary.

There is no reason you can't access the WebIF using your iPad while the iPad is connected to your home WiFi (I frequently do), but only from your home WiFi - not if you are using a 3G/4G mobile phone connection to hook up to the Internet rather than your home network. There is no difficulty accessing the RS service by whatever means, that is on the Internet and you can access it anywhere, using anything (as per any normal web site).

Things Every... (click) is not specifically about CF facilities - it discusses problems and work-arounds for the standard HD- and HDR-FOX, and refers out to CF facilities when there is a significant contribution.

Last edited:
Back