WebIf pages displaying oddly

MikeSh

Well-Known Member
Currently on 1.2.1-7.
The last couple of days the schedule page on both boxes fails to display correctly on my Android tablet.
On the PC it works fine, with a proviso.
Both devices using Chrome browser. [edit: I use the desktop WebIf on PC and Android]

On the Android the page loads all the data, but the 'orphaned' reservations are at the top of the table and there is no background yellow/green. Most annoying is that the More buttons at the right don't work.
On the PC it has been fine, except tonight when I get the same lack of colour for a second or two. The table contents appear to be correct during that time, but it's possible they weren't the first time I opened the page - I wasn't expecting it and so didn't catch any detail.
I updated all my packages a few days ago (there was quite a block), so I guess it may have something to do with that. (Tonight it says all still up to date.)

Any ideas? It could be a Chrome/Android issue for all I know, but I know a lot of work has been done on WebIf, etc, recently, so maybe this is a side effect.
 
OP
MikeSh

MikeSh

Well-Known Member
I've cleared the cache and browsing history on both Android and PC. Both still behaving as above.
It looks to me as though on the PC the page loading pauses for a moment while it gets something, and on the Android it never gets past the pause.
 
OP
MikeSh

MikeSh

Well-Known Member
Ctrl R whilst displaying schedule did it for me.
Ctrl R is kinda hard to do on a touch screen, but I tried the refresh button and, lo, it worked. Thanks for that.
It's a bit odd as I'm almost certain I tried that the other day (it's an obvious thing I'd do), so I guess I needed to clear the cache and then refresh when the page stuck.
Had to do it again for the second box, so I guess whatever is involved is held separately against the IP address.

Still getting the brief white background on the PC. Unless Google have change Chrome for Windows and Chrome for Android at the same time (and way) I still have to think it's some side effect of the recent WebIf changes.
Before 'fixing' it as above on Android I noticed that in its part loaded state the ordering of the items in the schedule was also random, as far as I could tell. The orphans were at the top, but below them the active reservations were all a jumble. As soon as the refresh sorted the background out the ordering got corrected as well.
 

Ezra Pound

Well-Known Member
I can recommend the Android App. Hacker's Keyboard by Klaus Weidner, it will allow you to enter CTRL R if you can invoke a keyboard from your touch screen
 
Last edited:
Top