webif playing up

Nickpitt_2000

Hi. Help!
I have the custom software installed and working, on and off, for a good while. Now suddenly the webif is playing up.
Scheduled events, Package Mgmt., Settings and diagnostics are now behaving as download links (pop up save as dialogue).
Tried reinstalling web interface via telnet and no improvement.

fixweb dialogue gave a few errors as follows.

Please select option: fixweb
Removing package webif from root...
Not deleting modified conffile /mod/webif/html/favicon.ico.
Installing webif (1.4.0-13) to root...
...etc...
Collected errors:
* pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/mongoose.list: No such file or directory.
* file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/webif/html/favicon.ico: No such file or directory.
* pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open /mod/var/opkg/info/mongoose.list: No such file or directory.​

What do I try next?

Does this happen from multiple client systems? If not, perhaps something awry with your browser?

Recent updates and installations no longer rely on mongoose. This system has not updated itself / been updated properly.

Try clearing your web browser cache. I've seen this happen once or twice with Chrome in the past.

Good call from cdmackay and af123. Was using chrome, tried safari and it's fine. Cleared the Chrome cache and all behaving rather better. Many thanks both.

Hey, who knows perfect? It's all changed a lot from when I first installed. You guys have been BUSY! It look s like a lot of what were add-ons are now built in. Is that the case. Things like redring aren't showing up as packages but are there on the settings page with options.

Yes, but it's not in the list. I've just seen that there is now a version 1.4.1 of the webif. Maybe i should move to that one.

redring is a separate package, and will be in the WebIf >> Package Management >> Installed tab if you have it installed (which it sounds like you do), or the Available tab if you don't. I just checked and its visibility does not rely on "show advanced packages" setting.

If you are not getting this result, there is still something wrong with your installation.

Hmm! Yes it is installed, and so far as I can tell it's working but not showing in either installed or available lists. The webif has upgraded itself to 1.4.1-2, but is now showing "loading" on the title bar, just under where it says "Humax HDR FOX T2" all the time. That doesn't seem right either.

I would try doing a forced reinstall of the redring package. You can do that from the Diagnostics page.

qv what/where? (q.v. - Abbreviation. Used to direct a reader to another part of a book or article for further information. ORIGIN from Latin quod vide, literally ‘which see.’)

Back