WebIf questions

SiUK

Humax HDR-FOX T2 1TB
Web interface version: 1.3.2-1
Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.03)
Loader Version: a7.33

Hello

I have copied all the SD and HD recordings from my Humax's dying disk to an external USB 3.0 drive via the Humax's menu. Some of the recordings weren't decrypted before offloading (queued or failed) due to failing drive most likely.

Q. When I copy the undecrypted recordings back to the new disk will they still be watchable?

Every time there's an automatic retune I have to manually retune the Humax again as it picks up 3 transmitters and all the channels. Not helpful.

Q. Does disable-dso completely prevent retuning? I ask because the description in WebIf is somewhat ambiguous. Does installing disable-dso mean I won't ever know when a retune is required?

Many thanks.

Si/
-- edited
Precis of original post in non CF related forum. Hope this is more acceptable

Last edited:
Q. When I copy the undecrypted recordings back to the new disk will they still be watchable?
Providing none of them were corrupted on the copy then they will all play as it is the same unit and the decryption is not dependent on being the same harddrive. Also if they were SD recordings or HD recordings that had their decryption flag set to unprotected then they would have been decrypted on export to your temporary disk.

If there is any issue then you could just plug in the old drive to one of the USB ports via a cheap USB/SATA adapter and make a fresh copy.

On a dying drive this is how I transferred to the new drive for all the old recordings. As the humax wasn't trying to also use the old drive for anything I suspect that the copy went a lot easier then if I had copied the recordings off the dying disk while it was still in the humax. It also saves on the time it took as the recording was only copied the once,. instead of being copied to a temporary drive and then on to the new drive.

When I copy the undecrypted recordings back to the new disk will they still be watchable?
Yes.
Every time there's an automatic retune I have to manually retune the Humax again as it picks up 3 transmitters and all the channels. Not helpful.
Install tunefix
Does disable-dso completely prevent retuning? I ask because the description in WebIf is somewhat ambiguous. Does installing disable-dso mean I won't ever know when a retune is required?
Yes and yes.
Install tunefix-update

Back