Webif - red hard disc warning

Hello all - is there any way to get rid of the red hard disk failing warning?? It's been showing over a year but I have no problems with the PVR. It's position covers up menus and is preventing me backing up my schedule before I do a retune. Can I disable disk diagnostics somehow? Or could the backup schedule function be moved back to the bottom of the page please.

Perhaps you should be asking how to investigate why it is there rather than just trying to dismiss it?;)
There is an auto backup/restore package on the CF that will do the schedule stuff for you rather than doing it manually as you appear to be doing. It's called, unsurprisingly, "auto-schedule-restore". Info HERE

It is probably a good idea to run fix disk; what does the warning say? I am not by a machine right now, but in Webif, if you open Diagnostics> Disk Diagnostics I think there is button 'acknowledge disk faults' or something similar. Pressing this will make the warning banner disappear.

Edit. In the wiki page on diagnostic utilities here there is a section about disk diagnostics. The button in question is at the bottom below the disk self-test logs. Unfortunately if you click on the thumbnails, the link to the actual files is broken so you can't examine the detail of the screenshots.

Last edited:
in Webif, if you open Diagnostics> Disk Diagnostics I think there is button 'acknowledge disk faults' or something similar. Pressing this will make the warning banner disappear.
Yep - that will acknowledge that you know about the fault and the warning will go away until the problem becomes worse.

Thanks everyone. I do in fact already have auto schedule restore installed I just wanted belt and braces.
"Acknowledge any current disk faults" does not remove the red warning.
From experience can anyone tell me roughly how long fixdisk should take? I'm thinking of running it over night (if not finished in the morning can leave it rest of day.
Here's the error info from the diagnostics page.
upload_2016-12-8_10-41-57.png

I do in fact already have auto schedule restore installed I just wanted belt and braces.
Your disk is knackered. You need a new one.
From experience can anyone tell me roughly how long fixdisk should take?
It depends. But I wouldn't bother. You need a new disk.
No point sticking your head in the sand...

Thanks all - I'm not sticking my head in the sand really but have no issues with the Humax at all. It all works perfectly (apart from hdmi handshake on switch on which has happened ever since I changed my telly - have to go through the power off and back on routine sometimes). I guess when it finally goes PHUT I'll get a new box with updated features as the web interface is very limited.

Am still going to give fixdisk a try.

If you can't acknowledge the disk fault then I assume the disk alert is saying that the overall SMART status is FAILED? Could you post a picture of the message you're getting at the top of the web interface?

The disk is definitely dying.

I guess when it finally goes PHUT I'll get a new box with updated features as the web interface is very limited.
I think you will find that, with the exception of catchup services, the box that you will have problems finding a box quite as good as the T2 with the CF web interface.
Hello all - is there any way to get rid of the red hard disk failing warning??
Get a new HDD. 2TB Seagate ST2000VM003 £60 Amazon or the 1TB ST1000DM003 at £44. Much cheaper than a new box.:)

Last edited:
Absolutely, but I was trying to keep the cost down.

@BH. But at least I left the original there so your post didn't look silly:eek:

But BH didn't, so I played fair when making the correction to my error.:laugh:
If you quote, then you effectively preserve the original under your control.
If you don't...
But what's the point in a quote when having a bit of joviality?

I quoted the correction to show I had spotted it (an edited post can easily escape attention) - and yes, I appreciate the plain-sight correction. All done in jest, even if I am light on emoticons.

Like the banter people.
Here's the warning.
upload_2016-12-8_20-42-48.png
I'll try fixdisk tonight - would a reformat be any use?

With regards a new box I do feel the reason for a recorder is almost becoming redundant. I may be lucky but live in a very rural area (about 3 miles from my local village exchange) and get around 5Mbs broadband speed over our overhead copper. Now make sure I only record non BBC channels (if there's a conflict) as I can always catch up on Iplayer. Would be good to have more catchup channels on the web interface.
Now here's a question to throw at you all. Would it not be possible to include a simple web browser on the web interface? That way we could access any catch up service?? Just a thought.

Thanks for your help and support.

Back