WebIf shows 'Playing' when recording

peterworks

Ye Olde Bowler
I have the following while I am recording F1 and MOTD:
Capture22-10-2017-22.51.40.jpg
IIRC it used to show a red circle and 'Recording...' ? Is my memory failing me...

This just means the heuristics used to deduce what the system is doing at any particular time have failed to do so correctly. Nothing to be concerned about. Maybe you are chase-decrypting?

Incorrect display of recording/playing status is a long standing nuisance but not a real problem

af123 did add an interface which allows packages to report when they are running so detectads/chaseget should display correctly when they are active

One thing that really helps with this is to install redring. The web interface can then use extra information provided by that to determine which open files are being used for recording.

One thing that really helps with this is to install redring. The web interface can then use extra information provided by that to determine which open files are being used for recording.
I do have redring installed but often see recording programmes shown as Playing, no obvious rhyme or reason as to when it fails

Not any old race car, but an M&S race car.
Where the M stands for Mercedes and the S stands for Swift.

I do have redring installed but often see recording programmes shown as Playing, no obvious rhyme or reason as to when it fails
Ours too. This has been discussed before, not that long ago I think, and it was attributed to "limitations of unapproved software piggybacking onto a locked down operating system". Or suchlike.

Since this causes so many people a problem I'd suggest removing the play/record icons and words and just saying "[programme xyz] is in use."

Thanks all. Yes, the recordings happened without a hitch as did the auto-decrypt and shrink. I'm sorry to raise this again if it has been highlighted recently and happily accept the 'nuisance' value.
I do have redring installed but that was playing silly bu**ers for a while yesterday after doing a fixdisk -l. All seems fine again today...

Back