[webif] Version 0.11.0 Released

af123

Administrator
Staff member
0.11.0 (18/01/2013)

• Add options to flag directories for recursive auto-shrink and auto-decrypt;
  • Improve behaviour when changing flags on directories (screen no longer refreshes);
  • Fix bug when renaming non-TS files;
  • Grey out Extract to MPG option for HD content;
  • Add option for automatic MPG extraction;
  • Show rate at which stream file is growing in media browser;
  • Improve Media list Genre to EPG Genre mappings;
  • Fix PSB2/D3&4 MUX detection in Diagnostics->Channels.

Request for next revision:

diagnostics file editor - instead of being booted back to the start when exiting a file, can we land back at the file explorer listing where we left it? At the moment when looking at files some way down the structure, to look at the next file in sequence means navigating down the structure from the top every time.

A minor point. Why has the Scottish STV logo never been displayed but the STV HD does?
The logo file must be missing, I will fix that. I don't think anyone's ever reported it : )

The logo file must be missing, I will fix that. I don't think anyone's ever reported it : )
If you upgrade the webif-channelicons package to 1.0.4-1 then you should have an STV logo.

hi af123
thanks for the update but wondered why Grey out Extract to MPG option for HD content; ?
I have extracted a number of large hd programes (for example the channel 4 house party which is 6 hours long) without a problem except for the lack of proper ffw or rew.
cheers P

Really? We were of the impression that it either made no difference or didn't work at all. What file size saving do you get, and are you sure the file is still playable afterwards??

Really? We were of the impression that it either made no difference or didn't work at all. What file size saving do you get, and are you sure the file is still playable afterwards??
It is probably still playable on the Humax, just not elsewhere.

Like Black Hole I was under the impression that this feature wasn't used - we've had a number of people trying to extract MPG from a HD recording then posting that it wouldn't play when they got it off the box or they couldn't get it loaded into their favourite editor.

It can be restored easily enough if you need it.

Like Black Hole I was under the impression that this feature wasn't used - we've had a number of people trying to extract MPG from a HD recording then posting that it wouldn't play when they got it off the box or they couldn't get it loaded into their favourite editor.

How would I go about restoring it as this may solve one of my issues I just posted in the cw forum.

Cheers

You would need to modify the /mod/webif/cgi-bin/browse/browse.js file on the Humax.

At line 297 there is a section that looks like this:
Code:
                        if (el.attr('def') == 'HD')
                                $(menu).disableContextMenuItems('#mpg');
                        else
                                $(menu).enableContextMenuItems('#mpg');

You could just change the HD to X or something similar.

I will re-enable the feature in the next version if it's still useful. By converting HD files to MPG on the Humax do you really realise any benefit? I would have thought that the size savings would only be comparable to using the shrink feature and you lose the media information. The files will only play back on the Humax itself because they are not valid MPG files - they're H.264 video streams in a MPG wrapper.

Request for next revision:

diagnostics file editor - instead of being booted back to the start when exiting a file, can we land back at the file explorer listing where we left it? At the moment when looking at files some way down the structure, to look at the next file in sequence means navigating down the structure from the top every time.
I just tried this and it already works as you've requested. When I click open a second time the tree is still open where I left it. Having looked at the code, that's how it should work too.

Hi there, looks like you might be right. I tried to play a file using videolan and it wouldn't have it, I haven't had a chance to look into it any further.
So if I wish to send a HD recording to a friend to play on his computer am I best just shrinking the ts file and putting that directly on a stick?

Cheers

So if I wish to send a HD recording to a friend to play on his computer am I best just shrinking the ts file and putting that directly on a stick?
Yes, assuming you have decrypted it first of course.

af123, any chance of a 'move' function when browsing files on the webif? Can currently cut/copy/delete but iy would be hand to be able to simply move files when doing remote tidy-ups.

af123, any chance of a 'move' function when browsing files on the webif? Can currently cut/copy/delete but iy would be hand to be able to simply move files when doing remote tidy-ups.
Can you expand on that? Cut/Paste is effectively a move operation.

Yes i guess it is :)

I want to tick file, press move and then get a popup/folder and be able to browse to new location, press OK and it moves.

Where im coming from is im a mac user and still havent been able to get the HDR to mount in Finder so I have to tidy up using FTP or webif, both a wee bit clunky.

Back