[webif] Version 1.0.8 Released

A couple more things for the WebIF wish list:

1. When schedule updates made via the WebIF EPG or Schedule pages are cancelled, the "reboot required" message doesn't go away.

2. It would be very nice to have a "create destination folder" option on the OPT+ button for pending series recordings, and/or on the destination folder edit dialogue.

It would depend whether the operating environment allowed security exploits to get that far, and I monitor the reported threats rather than risk cocking up my PC/whatever with some update which turns out not to play nicely with other stuff installed and operational.

"Don't fix what ain't broke" applies to the whole system - in other words can only strictly apply to something which operates in isolation. For something that connects to the Internet on a regular basis, if the Internet breaks something needs fixing. Our Humaxes are a half-way house - they have a self-contained function with a degree of exposure to the network/Internet, but that exposure is restricted and tightly controlled. In that case "don't fix what ain't broke" is definitely a valid option, and I try to extend the same to the PC etc - exposure to potential threat tightly controlled.

I do update the PC, but only when I have time reserved for sorting out the mess afterwards (and if all else fails I have a rollback system installed to either instantly return to the status quo prior to the update, or to roll back to the state prior to infection). Updating iOS on my iTouch was the worst thing I have ever done (it gained none of the advertised goodies due to lack of hardware support, and gave Apple the opportunity to delete apps that it no long approved of). My iPad is still on iOS5, although it is becoming difficult to avoid updating to iOS7 and at least there is now a reasonable alternative to the iOS5 Google Maps app.

iOS7 works fine on an iPad or iPhone, you just need to make sure to disable most of the iCloud synchronizations, which slow them to a crawl.

I don't even pretend to know whether Windoze updates are avoidable. I install them all as chances are there are critical security holes that were not foreseen, but which the crackers have exploited. Windoze has its own way of rolling back updates, called System Restore, anyway.

A small query/request: is it (or would it be) possible to replace the sliding-notifications that tell you what you're currently viewing/recording/about to record with some kind of static display of the information they show? I find them quite annoying, and if you've just scheduled a recording, the static message comes up at the top telling you a reboot is required to complete the scheduling operation, with a handy restart button to action this, but then it gets covered up with the sliding notification. I appreciate the fact that you can't do a reboot if recording is currently in progress, and the 'reboot required' message reflects this, but otherwise the box would be on anyway in order to schedule recordings via Web-IF so by my reckoning the reboot required message would always get covered.
The principle of showing what the box is doing is really good, especially if you're using Web-IF from a different room (or in the case of some users here, the other side of the world!), but a static display to show this would be such an improvement IMHO.

Regarding the twitter feed, I like the idea because even though I follow the updates on twitter anyway, regularly read the forums, and have auto-update configured, I still miss new stuff!!!

Just a couple of thoughts on the WebIF.

I'd move 'Service Management' under 'Settings' to save space on the front page.
I'd have notifications on the 'Service Management' page appear at the bottom and not at the top, which pushes down the whole page.
I'd have user changes on the 'file browsers' not refresh the whole page (like adding auto expire).

Just personnel opinions though.
Thanks again for all the great work.

A couple more things for the WebIF wish list:

1. When schedule updates made via the WebIF EPG or Schedule pages are cancelled, the "reboot required" message doesn't go away.

2. It would be very nice to have a "create destination folder" option on the OPT+ button for pending series recordings, and/or on the destination folder edit dialogue.
Fixed the first one and implemented the second, although just noticed you specified pending and it's only currently implemented for scheduled recordings. (Edit: now for pending events too)

...and if you've just scheduled a recording, the static message comes up at the top telling you a reboot is required to complete the scheduling operation, with a handy restart button to action this, but then it gets covered up with the sliding notification.
I've tweaked this a bit. At least it shouldn't be covered up any more.

Fixed the first one and implemented the second, although just noticed you specified pending and it's only currently implemented for scheduled recordings. (Edit: now for pending events too.
Great, thanks. I'll expect an auto-update event notification tomorrow then!

I have a request for a fix to the way that the sort order in the webif "Browse Media Files" is determined.

I use sorting by date, which works correctly until the programmes have been Recursive Auto-decrypted. Then the programmes are sorted in the order that they have been decrypted, this is not usually the same order that they were recorded.

The native Humax media list always seems to display the programmes in the correct order.

Would it be possible to change the way that webif uses to sort the programmes, so that it uses the date and time details contained within the programme title, rather than using the date/time stamp details of when the programme has been decrypted.

Edit: This issue was first discussed back in October last year HERE, but was never resolved.

I thought AF fixed it so that the original time stamp was restored?
Af123 mentioned that it was fixed, but the issue still remains the same. I will check later to see if a decrypted programme has a different time stamp.

Af123 mentioned that it was fixed, but the issue still remains the same. I will check later to see if a decrypted programme has a different time stamp.
I did update the auto-decryption to preserve the timestamp following decryption, but I will check again - perhaps the web interface is using a different file rather than the .ts for the sorting.

Would it be possible to change the way that webif uses to sort the programmes, so that it uses the date and time details contained within the programme title, rather than using the date/time stamp details of when the programme has been decrypted.
I'm not sure whether that's practical as many people rename files and remove the timestamp. What I can do, once I've fixed the underlying problem, is write a diagnostic that resets time stamps based on the filenames to get you back on track.

Sorry for the delay in replying.
Here is a recent example of programmes sorted incorrectly after decrypting
HDR Fox T2 (Humax3).png
I have checked the time stamp of the recordings using FileZilla

EastEnders
HMT__11/02/2014 8:00:00 PM
NTS__11/02/2014 8:00:00 PM
THM__11/02/2014 8:00:00 PM
TS__11/02/2014 8:00:00 PM

Hollyoaks
NTS__11/02/2014 6:59:00 PM
TS__11/02/2014 6:59:00 PM

Emmerdale
NTS__11/02/2014 7:31:00 PM
TS__11/02/2014 7:31:00 PM

Looking at the time stamps, the HMT and THM files for all three programmes have the same time, could this be something to do with the problem?

I'm wondering what effect recording in standby has, because the programmes don't get decrypted until after the box has been brought out of standby, and these are likely to be standby recordings.

So, the .ts files appears to have retained the right times, which is good. The web interface code should sort by the .ts times. I've just checked and it's the original file creation time rather than modification time though and that might be the problem. Can you try 1.0.8-5?

I have upgraded to 1.0.8-5, and the programmes are now listed in the correct order.:)
Today's recordings were in the correct order, but the box has been awake all evening.
I will see how this goes for the next few days, but hopefully it is now fixed, Thanks.:)

Yesterday, I recorded seven programmes on a box in standby, these were sorted in the correct order before, and after decryption. So it looks like 1.0.8-5 has done the trick. Thanks again.:)

Would it be possible to have a button at the bottom of the webif media list to allow cropping of multiple files? Perhaps beside the cut copy join buttons. At present it is only possible to crop one file at a time using the opt selection.

I used the new create folder option for the first time today, so much easier than copying the name from the change folder dialogue and then creating the folder manually. I was then able to go straight to it in the media browser and set "no flatten".

I used the new create folder option for the first time today, so much easier than copying the name from the change folder dialogue and then creating the folder manually. I was then able to go straight to it in the media browser and set "no flatten".
It also translates any special characters to underscores - saving that manual step!

1.0.8-6 fixes a problem with detecting whether a recording with unicode characters in the name is in use.

Back