[webif] Web Interface 1.4.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed that all the files in the webif_autodecrypt and webif_autoshrink folders in [Deleted Items] are defoldered. Is this a new feature? Makes it hard to identify a recording if need be after they are deduped.

auto-shrink and auto-decrypt don't seem to be working on one of my folders, no idea why as they've been running OK up to this episode.

Could this be related to recent WebIF updates?

View attachment 2751

EDIT: ftp screengrab added.

View attachment 2752
Did you ever solve this problem? Since I upgraded web-if, auto-decrypt no longer works on any of my systems . Recordings in some folders occasionally get queued, but the queue is never processed.

Thanks af132 and prpr for your prompt help. My searches had not revealed that post: apologies. I've applied the telnet upgrade to one of my systems and rebooted it.
https://hummy.tv/forum/posts/105564
This has fixed one of the problems: recordings added to a folder marked for auto-decrypt are now added to the queue as they are recorded. But, so far, the other problems appear unchanged:

Recordings already in an auto-decrypt folder are not added to the queue;
Recordings moved into an auto-decrypt folder are not added to the queue;
The queue, default scan interval 10 minutes, has not been processed. The 'Last media scan' is given as 'Thu Jan 01 00:00:00 GMT 1970'.
Webif still hangs in response to a package upgrade.

Some or all of these may, or course, be consequences of the re-designed mechanism. Otherwise, any help to resolve them would be appreciated.

Webif still hangs in response to a package upgrade.
It would seem you haven't applied the aforementioned procedure correctly then.
Code:
humax# opkg update
humax# opkg upgrade
humax# opkg install --force-reinstall webif
humax# cat /mod/var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
and report the output.

It would seem you haven't applied the aforementioned procedure correctly then.
Code:
humax# opkg update
humax# opkg upgrade
humax# opkg install --force-reinstall webif
humax# cat /mod/var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
and report the output.

I'm pleased to tell you that I implemented it perfectly. I'm somewhat less pleased that I then went on to run my tests on the wrong box! (Hangs head in shame whilst standing on the naughty stool!!) All now appears to be satisfactory.

Many thanks for your excellent service on this and many previous occasions, and apologies for being such a dumbo.

All the files in the relevant folders display the 'Indexed by DLNA Server' icon, which I hope indicates that all is well on that front.
For information: no. You would need to check Menu >> System >> Settings >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = On. It sometimes turns itself off for no apparent reason, stopping all CF decryption activity and anything that relies on decrypted recordings.

I *think* the new boot settings package can help ensure it is on at start-up.

I'm pleased to tell you that I implemented it perfectly. I'm somewhat less pleased that I then went on to run my tests on the wrong box! (Hangs head in shame whilst standing on the naughty stool!!) All now appears to be satisfactory.
:roflmao:
I *think* the new boot settings package can help ensure it is on at start-up.
It most certainly does. I've enabled that option on all my boxes.

You would need to check Menu >> System >> Settings >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = On. It sometimes turns itself off for no apparent reason, stopping all CF decryption activity and anything that relies on decrypted recordings.

Yes thanks, I was aware of that possibility and had checked it. Much obliged too for all your contributions to the forum.

One of our boxes did a 'routine' random factory reset today - first time since the recent changes to the cf. I did a retune and then rebooted to get all the channels and favourites back but ended up with no favourites. Checked the backup and of course the most recent one was empty, obviously created post-reset. So I found one that was populated and restored it - nada. Tried again - nope. Ended up recreating the list the old fashioned way.

The only thing I saw wrong with the backup was that it still had Movie Mix instead of Sony [whatever it is now] as I hadn't done a tune for that before. Would that poleaxe the whole restore?

OK. I didn't follow the beta thread as I'm not really that capable. The other thread says it will be fixed in 1.4, so I'll go over and add a note there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back