[webif] Web Interface 1.4.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
The WebIF EPG wouldn’t let me schedule the Sunday repeat of ISIHAC (belt and braces), presumably because I already have the Monday broadcast set to record. No problem scheduling it from the SUI.

A related issue: repeats of a scheduled programme are shown in the WebIF's EPG display in the same light blue colour (in Firefox under Win7), which I often find confusing. It would be really helpful if this can be changed.

The WebIF media browser has sort by date and sort by name options - the trouble is that the sort by date option puts the oldest first, whereas the Humax media browser puts the youngest first. Any chance we could have a reverse sort order option in the WebIF please?

The WebIF media browser has sort by date and sort by name options - the trouble is that the sort by date option puts the oldest first, whereas the Humax media browser puts the youngest first. Any chance we could have a reverse sort order option in the WebIF please?
FlexView allows you to sort (both directions) and filter on any programme attribute and was my attempt at a more flexible Browse.

Granted, but it doesn't seem unreasonable that the basic WebIF could reverse the sort order to match the on-screen listing without the extra bells and whistles.

I'm with BH on this - it's annoying.
Typically I'll be doing something with a recent recording and if it's in a list that goes off the bottom of the page then you have to a) wait for the page to reload and then b) scroll all the way down to get back to it. Do another action - repeat a) and b). Even worse if it's in a folder.
Listing newest at the top by default would largely eliminate b).

Done in webif 1.4.2-8
That's good.
A bit strange as it has also flipped the folders, not just to below the files but now in reverse alphabetical order. I'd half expected they'd now be sorted by some date property, but not like that :confused: . Not a problem, just unexpected ... and weird.

HELP!
Last night I went to use the box that has updated to -8 and the remote was unusably flakey. I'd stripped and cleaned both remotes a couple of weeks ago so I thought I'd done something to it then and was going to repeat the process today.
However, this morning I went to use the other box and that is now doing the same. I suspect this one updated webif yesterday evening and this was its first reboot since then.
It's an odd coincidence both remotes going bananas at the same time, which makes me wonder if this webif update has broken the remote system.

Can someone check theirs to see how it is behaving.

OK. I did a CFW reset this afternoon which seemed to make it a bit better, but ... meh.
Now seeing the two reports above (thank you guys) I thought and looked harder at other things.

I wondered earlier today if some new thing was interfering, but nothing has changed in the room for a few days. However, looking at an old boom box that was parked there at that time I noticed the aerial and remote control in a clear plastic bag ... hmm. So I pulled that remote out, removed the batteries - both Humax are fine again. Reinsert batteries, hold a button down while pointed at Humax - kills the Humax remote dead. It looks like I found the culprit :oops:

So I deduce that sometime yesterday evening that bag was disturbed and a button got held down. What surprises me is that it must have been transmitting continuously for about 15 hours - though the flattening of the batteries may be why my test reset of the CFW seemed to show a slight improvement over earlier in the day.

Done in webif 1.4.2-8

The sort options really need overhauling but adding this quickly was a pretty simple change:

https://github.com/hummypkg/webif/commit/ff846fb6d0d6666630f173189698d2060585e065
Great, like the new "Sort by reverse-date", except:

As per MikeSh's observation, the listing is still not ordered the same as the Humax default. What I was looking for is a match with the Humax "sort by time" mode - and I suppose by extension there ought to be "sort alphabetically" and "sort by channel" modes for completeness.

The "sort by time" mode lists all folders first, alphabetically, followed by recordings newest first.

It could be that the existing alpha sort matches the Humax alpha sort - I haven't checked.

Great, like the new "Sort by reverse-date", except:

As per MikeSh's observation, the listing is still not ordered the same as the Humax default. What I was looking for is a match with the Humax "sort by time" mode
For me how it is now is ideal.
I've been using the reversed sort this morning on the Web-if. Although it may not be a mirror image of the HDR display it is better for me. With the new web-if sequence the folders are out of the way at the bottom of the page and the newest recordings are at the top and in sight even with short screens or long lists, and even after each refresh.

Okay, so you want a sort option to put folders at the bottom rather than the top.
No, that is not the aim. That is just a side effect of the what happens due to the nature of how a list works with a browser, with a list that is longer than the screen can display.
I want to easily view the most recent recordings without having to page up or down to repeat the re-positioning after every time I action something with a recording.

If I were to use the HDR-FOX T2 default media sequence all I need to do when I open a folder is to use the up key once. After doing that I am positioned on the most recent recording, and the newest of the rest are the ones that are visible. The new sort ordering achieves exactly the same as this, i.e. on the Web-if with the new sort order I can see the most recent recording and the newest of the rest are the ones that are visible.

Also have another read of the scenario MikeSh described in post #105. What MikeSh describes, in the absence of there being no memory/restore of the last position, is also to have the newest recordings as the most accessible.

If I were to use the HDR-FOX T2 default media sequence all I need to do when I open a folder is to use the up key once. After doing that I am positioned on the most recent recording, and the newest of the rest are the ones that are visible.
Well on my T2, at the top, I have the series folders in alpha order followed by the most recent single recording at the top of a long list, so on mine, UP arrow from Media takes me to the oldest single recording. I then have to scroll up to find the most recent. What am I doing wrong?

I agree, what Luke said doesn't seem right - surely meant the DOWN button (unless he's got the handset back to front).

Luke: okay, so you like the WebIF not representing the media list identically to the Humax media list. I think it should, by policy. That doesn't mean af couldn't provide a sticky option to retain the current - then we're all happy.

No, I think he meant the UP arrow. It takes you 'off the top' of the folder list to the bottom of the file list. i.e. the oldest if sorted by time. So how he gets it to go to the most recent baffles me unless there is a hidden sort by reverse date, leaving the folders at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back