[webif] Web Interface 1.4.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's a separate clock in the front panel that can get out of sync even though there's a reliable time signal in the DVB-T signals?
Yes, it's part of what's called the MICOM - no idea what it means.
The front panel contains a dedicated processor that wakes the main box up when necessary. When you put the Humax into standby, it sets the micom clock and the next wake-up-timer before powering off.

Yes, it's part of what's called the MICOM - no idea what it means.
The front panel contains a dedicated processor that wakes the main box up when necessary. ....
It seems to be a generic term in the STB/SmartTV world for this sort of supervisory module, I suppose originally built as an 8-bit MIcroCOntroller Module -- soon enough they'll be using 8-core 64-bit ARM chips.

The term MICOM is very confusing (to me). Back in the days of dumb terminals and rooms full of computer equipment (c 1983), a micom was defined as "a switching unit which has all the terminals which may access [the computer centre] facilities connected to one side (lines), and all the facilities connect to the other side (ports)" - source: University of Nottingham, Cripps Computing Centre documentation.

I doubt it. From what I remember, you went to a dumb terminal, bashed the return key a few times, then typed something like 112200 to get through to an ICL 1900 series computer. Unless the operators were sitting there with loads of string, plugs and sockets, I think it was automatic.

Edit: I'm mixing up really old (ICL 1900) and old (ICL 2900). The micom responded to "break" and prompted you with "Which Service?". Whether the previous connection was called a micom - I can't remember.

Last edited:
I'm sure we used to call those things TACs - Terminal Access Controllers.
Control C a couple of times used to generate the EE TAC banner and then a Login: prompt (if you were lucky and there were free ports)... and much swearing (if you weren't or it decided to log you out mid-session).

It is a change to the queue interface that should be invisible to users at present.

It will eventually allow youtube download requests to be queued for processing in the background
(there will need to be at least one more webif update)

Just noticed that the "Close" button isn't doing anything for me, on the Programme Details box from EPG xservice. The "x" box works to close it, but "Close" button does nothing. Other buttons on that row work, e.g. Record series.

JS console shows it detecting the click, but nothing to indicate an error:

Code:
cards-click.js:51 do not show on websites

Web interface version: 1.4.4-1
Chrome (dev) v71

edit: oddly, after I brought up the Dev Tools sidebar, I can no long reproduce the above problem so whatever it was, it has cleared by itself. Or I am going mad.

In unrelated news…

I'm getting this error in webif-error log, when I try to view the contents of my Flatview dir, via Browse.

Code:
/mod/webif/lib/ts.class:801: Error: expected integer but got ""
in procedure 'entry' called at file "/mod/webif/html/browse/index.jim", line 328
in procedure '<reference.<ts_____>.00000000000000000030>' called at file "/mod/webif/html/browse/index.jim", line 192
in procedure 'ts genre_info' called at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 52
at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 73
in procedure '<reference.<ts_____>.00000000000000000030>' called at file "/mod/webif/lib/ts.class", line 805
in procedure 'ts genrenib' called at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 52
at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 73
at file "/mod/webif/lib/ts.class", line 801

It truncates the listing, as can be seen in the pic.

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 3.33.34 pm.png

Clicking on the last programme in the listing produces:

bmp.jim
Invalid HMT file, /media/My Video/ [FlatView]/Octonauts_20181009_0811.hmt

which perhaps WebIF needs to handle?

thanks.

Web interface version: 1.4.4-1
Chrome (dev) v71

edit: attached hmt file

Attachments

• Octonauts_20181009_0811.hmt
    2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I have noticed that the webif will allow anonymous connections even though there are registered users.

Creating a folder outside of My Videos results is files not being able to be bigger that 61MB in size.

Has anyone else noticed this ?

That won't be anything to do with the CF.
No idea m8, all I know is you can do this with the CF. Not sure if you can do it on the box without it. Perhaps if it does not work, make the CF not do able to make a folder outside of My Video ?

Try creating the directory elsewhere (under /mod) and putting a link to it in /Media

All of the other media directories are just links to the real storage locations
Code:
 ls /media
total 5
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root  120 Oct 14 23:38 .
drwxr-xr-x 18 root root  183 Apr 19  2017 ..
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   17 Oct 14 12:35 My Music -> /mnt/hd2/My Music
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   17 Oct 14 12:35 My Photo -> /mnt/hd2/My Photo
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   17 Oct 14 12:35 My Video -> /mnt/hd2/My Video
drwxrwxrwx  2 root root 4096 Aug 18 21:14 drive1

Try creating the directory elsewhere (under /mod) and putting a link to it in /Media

All of the other media directories are just links to the real storage locations
Code:
 ls /media
total 5
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root  120 Oct 14 23:38 .
drwxr-xr-x 18 root root  183 Apr 19  2017 ..
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   17 Oct 14 12:35 My Music -> /mnt/hd2/My Music
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   17 Oct 14 12:35 My Photo -> /mnt/hd2/My Photo
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   17 Oct 14 12:35 My Video -> /mnt/hd2/My Video
drwxrwxrwx  2 root root 4096 Aug 18 21:14 drive1
Sorry I don't know how to do that. I used the browse interface to create the directory, If you want me to use the command line I am screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back