[webif] Web Interface version 1.0.18 released

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big 'like' for the new logs layout.
Frustratingly some logs show the date/time at the beginning of each line but others do not. If possible could this be implemented ?
It would then show whether a problem or advice is current or not.
Thanks
Peter

The new 'View Log Files' utility doesn't add the date/time data to the lines of text, it just displays what is already there, so each package that generates a log file would need to be changed to include this data

Thank you Ezra Pound I assumed as much. Perhaps as and when packages are updated this request could considered ?
It would also give a template as to how logs could/should be written.

I'm using FF31.3.0esr on Win7
Since the new version I don't get even a short log of 118 bytes (2 lines) displayed - it just keeps loading.
Can I get back to the old behaviour, so I can read my logs?

I was on 1.0.18-2
I've upgraded, and now they load correctly.
Thanks for that - I thought I was on the latest when I last upgraded (Monday?)

I occasionally see out of order entries in the full page per channel EPG view; here's an example from just now:

epg.png

which is hopefully self-explanatory. This was from epg/xservice.jim?service=8500 which is Channel 5.

I've been seeing this occasionally for many months, and assuming it was just me, as I've never seen it mentioned. But perhaps...

Some other clues, which may or may not be relevant.
  • I see this when I'm doing my nightly EPG check, which is often around midnight
  • I often load up a dozen or more EPG pages concurrently, using my browser's load-in-background option
  • Some channels seem more prone than others; e.g. I rarely see it on BBC.
  • Reloading the page doesn't always show the same out of order items, but generally will show some.
  • Firefox 36 on MacOS
  • Web interface version: 1.0.18-3
    Custom firmware version: 2.23 (build 2035)
    Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_1.02.32)

Has anyone else ever seen this, or have any ideas, please?

thanks much indeed. hope you're all having a fine Xmas, and have a great Hogmanay.

This may have something to do with time range of the EPG stored by the Custom Firmware, try Web-If >> Diagnostics >> Run Diagnostic >> epgrange >> Run. You would expect the Start and Stop figures to be something like this :-
Code:
>>> Beginning diagnostic epgrange

Running: epgrange
Thu Oct 30 11:55:00 GMT 2014
Sat Jan  3 23:55:00 GMT 2015

>>> Ending diagnostic epgrange
Although, having displayed mine, I'm wondering if it is also going back too far in time.

It is possible to clear the CFW EPG from maintenance mode, notes on the WiKi HERE

Last edited:
How about clicking on the line number to centre that line in the listing?
Something definitely needs doing. Clicking on a line to reveal more either side or to centre it is favourite I think. I'll have a play when I get time.

My epgrange gives:

Code:
>>> Beginning diagnostic epgrange

Running: epgrange
Sun Aug 31 01:00:00 BST 2014
Sat Jan  3 23:55:00 GMT 2015

>>> Ending diagnostic epgrange

does this tell us anything?

As per my question here: http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/how-to-unmount-eject-external-usb-drive-stick.5873/

would you consider please adding functionality to the WebIF to perform a umount/eject operation for an external drive?

As I mentioned on the other thread, the next version of the web interface will have this. I'm still playing with the look and feel but as it stands there will be an eject icon at the top left of every screen if external disks are found.

Screenshot%202014-12-29%2011.54.42.png

and clicking on it will show a sub-menu:

Screenshot%202014-12-29%2015.55.49.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back