.webm

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I used youtube-dl to pull down a YouTube video, which resulted in a 122MB .webm file. Of course, the 'FOX won't play it (even if renamed to something it recognises), but VLC (on Windows) and iOS will. Using iConvert to turn it into .mp4 resulted in a 4GB file, and VideoReDo doesn't recognise it.

ffprobe (on the HDR-FOX CF command line) told me nothing useful, output attached (from the stderror stream - doesn't ffprobe output on the stdout stream?).

Here's what VLC says about it:

webm.jpg

What do you suggest I do to make this playable on the 'FOX, while retaining a reasonable file size?

Attachments

• Train.txt
    269.5 KB · Views: 3
LOL!

I've "solved" the problem by getting the -F manifest and picking an MP4 format, but for future reference...

I couldn't get VLC to convert it, even though it plays.

I've "solved" the problem by getting the -F manifest and picking an MP4 format
...except the best one that plays is only 79MB, and the better one at 103MB has no audio track! Although listed as AVC, VideoReDo won't touch it. If there is some convenient post-processing for the .webm file, that is starting to look like the best option.

I had another go with iConvert and made sure I gave it sensible settings (I think it might have used that 1000fps parameter for some reason), and the output is a more acceptable 92MB (23 mins) which does play on the 'FOX.

Back