We're Cooking On Gas!

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I'm pleased to report that, over the last few weeks, arrangements have been put in place to allow a team to aid @af123 in developing and managing the CF package repository etc. The team comprise forum members who have a track record of proficiency with the software (so that's me out!).

It's been mentioned that af123 had an unfortunate and sudden decline in health, which understandably took his attention away from the CF and this forum a couple of years ago, but that left us floundering and unable to address bugs or deliver improvements. Some ad hoc arrangements have been made latterly, to support downloads which had gone off-line and provide patches bypassing the normal update path. There is no need for these now, we can return to the elegant and easy process of deployment that characterises the HDR-FOX custom firmware ecosystem, which makes it accessible to non-techies.

In short: the pipes have been unbunged and we're cooking on gas!

I'm sure we all extend best wishes to guru-in-chief af123, who says he's on the mend but clearly must not exert himself to the extent he did when all this got going. Things could have turned out so much worse, and I think I speak for all in expressing gratitude for his irreplaceable input.

A match has been waved at that one. Will have to see whether it catches before fingers get burnt.

@prpr and @Ezra Pound should now be able to edit all pages on the wiki, including firmware downloads.
The reason for protecting the firmware downloads page in the first place was because it contains the authoritative checksums for the files, so I'll leave it protected.

The reason for protecting the firmware downloads page in the first place was because it contains the authoritative checksums for the files, so I'll leave it protected.
I'm guessing the above means [still] protected for non admins

Back