What email is sent from my HDR Fox T2 running customised firmware?

redghost

Dear Everyone

I have just been finding my way around the fantastic customised firmware and I saw there was a place to set up an outgoing mail server but this did not include a place to include the authentication settings. My outgoing mail servers require authentication or they reject the mail. I looked through the threads and discovered that I could try looking up the servers used to send mail in from other systems on mxtoolbox.com. This is a great idea but when I did this my email stopped working and it looks like I got blocked on a spamhaus list. This is all resolved now but before I get permission to have a personal mailserver that will use the relay servers or edit the config files on the hummy I wanted to find out what email I am likely to get from the HDR Fox T2. I couldn't see anything that looks like it would send an email but I see ssmtp is one of the packages so I assume there must be some sending going on - or at least being attempted.

So the question is what email is sent from my HDR Fox T2 running customised firmware?

Thanks

Red

It's an old facility, now superseded by the Remote Scheduler web service. It emails alerts from EPG search matches, but the RS service does all that much better and you really don't need it.

So the question is what email is sent from my HDR Fox T2 running customised firmware?

Only scripts that try and send email from the command line these days, and there aren't any of them provided by the custom firmware so, unless you've added your own scripts, there won't be any email sent.

Dear Black Hole and af123,

Thank you very much for your help. I'll not bother making the changes then.

Thanks

Red

Back