What is remote record like from the Android/IOS app?

bradavon

I understand the FVP-4000T can remote record from the Android/IOS app.

Is it reliable?

Can you Remote Record a Series Link programme?

Thanks

I should love to try the option to set recordings remotely, but I'm obviously missing something ... I've signed into the My Humax website and it asks me to register my device ... so far so good.

However I then have to enter the Registration Code for my device ... and I can't find where I should be looking to find it on my FVP-4000T. I've been looking in System / System Settings / System Information (and all the other options under Settings) but for the life of me can't find a 6 digit(?) registration code.

Looks like you've got further than I have Sean - can you help?

Hi Theo, I don't own the fvp4000, I recently bought the hdr2000t. I imagine the reg code will be in a similar place on the fvp4000, Menu, HUMAX TV Portal, REG CODE. (highlight it then OK). Let me know if that helped. Cris.

Hi Theo, I don't own the fvp4000, I recently bought the hdr2000t. I imagine the reg code will be in a similar place on the fvp4000, Menu, HUMAX TV Portal, REG CODE. (highlight it then OK). Let me know if that helped. Cris.

Hi Cris, thanks for taking time to reply. However, the FVP-4000 seems ro be differently configured to my earlier Hummys. Rather than "Menu" there is a "Home" button, which then gives options of "On demand", "TV Guide", "Recordings" and "Media" together with a link to "Settings". I would have expected to find the Reg Code within one of the sub-menus in this section ... but unless I'm missing something obvious can't find it!

Solved!

I've found the path to access a registration code for the FVP-4000 ... it's "Settings" / "PVR Settings" / "Remote Recording" (set to ON) / "Retrieve Registration Code"

This gives a Registration Code which expires after 3 hours

So far, so good!

I've set up recordings from both my laptop & my iPad (didn't find an IOS app, but set schedule from MyHumax web-page), and both have worked perfectly :sneaky:

I've been setting up recordings remotely via myhumax.net and the iOS app since I got my FVP-4000T a couple of days ago. It's mostly working fine but there are some niggles:

1. I'm able to set TV programmes to record but at the moment it appears that series link recording is not supported via remote scheduling, only individual episodes.

2. There doesn't seem to be a way to remotely delete a scheduled recording. On myhumax.net the "Delete" tickboxes next to each scheduled item on the "My Schedule" web page cannot be ticked and there is no delete option in the iOS app. (The iOS app is called "HUMAX TV Guide" in the App Store)

3. Yesterday I noticed that a scheduled recording for a programme called "Weather for the Week Ahead" on BBC One HD had appeared on my "My Schedule" myhumax.net page without me choosing to record it. The date & time for that programme are in the past (October 9th 23:55-00:00). When I click on it I get an error message saying "Incorrect Device". Also, because of point 2 above I can't delete it. Maybe I'll have to wait until October 10th 2017...

I've contacted Humax support but there has been no reply yet. [Edit: coincidentally(?), 10 minutes after posting this I received a reply from them: "We are aware of some problems with the features of the remote recording app, we are currently working on these and will be releasing an update soon."]

Cheers,
Grant

Last edited:
Hi Grant,
I hadn't tried to delete any scheduled recordings until I read your post - but you are right ... I'm not using the IOS app, but find that logging onto the myHumax.net webpage from my PC is just the same as your experience. Haven't seen any phantom settings as yet!

2. There doesn't seem to be a way to remotely delete a scheduled recording. On myhumax.net the "Delete" tickboxes next to each scheduled item on the "My Schedule" web page cannot be ticked and there is no delete option in the iOS app. (The iOS app is called "HUMAX TV Guide" in the App Store)
On my PC I thought the same, but found that when I added a recording remotely that one had the tick box available to be ticked. However once the next sync had taken place the box became greyed out i.e. you can only delete scheduled recordings before they are synced to the box.
3. Yesterday I noticed that a scheduled recording for a programme called "Weather for the Week Ahead" on BBC One HD had appeared on my "My Schedule" myhumax.net page without me choosing to record it. The date & time for that programme are in the past (October 9th 23:55-00:00). When I click on it I get an error message saying "Incorrect Device". Also, because of point 2 above I can't delete it. Maybe I'll have to wait until October 10th 2017...
Thanks I have a rogue recording scheduled recording for Oct 09 Sun 00:25 ~ 05:00 BBC One HD Joins BBC News
hopefully that will resolve itself eventually / at the next update.

Once the schedule is set and registered in the Hummy it is no longer possible to remove it remotely. However, if you go into "Schedule" on your box and delete it from there you will find that it has also disappeared from the remote scheduling.

Back