What is the latest Humax HDR recorder

Jad22

Hi, I have an HDR Fox T2 and have had it for around 3 years now. It works fine, but I do get irritated that I cant stream HD recordings to my PC or Internet TV's. I know that you can use ftp and clear the HD flag using Foxy and then copy the recording to a USB stick and then transfer to a PC etc. However thinking to update the Fox T2 what would I move too. What is the latest unit that replaces the HDR Fox T2? and can you stream HD from this new box.
Also, if I were to carry on with the Fox T2 and install the Modified Firmware and the Web Interface is it possible to stream and play HD recordings on my PC etc.
This is my first post so sorry if its been asked before or not within the scope of the forum.
Kind regards

However thinking to update the Fox T2 what would I move too. What is the latest unit that replaces the HDR Fox T2? and can you stream HD from this new box.
The current box is the HDR-2000T and that is more limited in what you can stream so that won't help. The limitations on streaming aren't done on a whim by Humax; it is a requirement of using the Freeview EPG.
Also, if I were to carry on with the Fox T2 and install the Modified Firmware and the Web Interface is it possible to stream and play HD recordings on my PC etc.
In a word yes and opens up various possibilities for sharing media between different devices.

Humax followed the HDR-Fox T2 with the YouView DTR-T1000/1010/2000/2100/2110 family but they are not widely regarded as replacements, they then followed the DTR-Ts with the HDR-1800T / HDR2000T these units are regarded as replacement units although they are somewhat cost / feature reduced

Thanks Martin, I think I need to get my brain in gear and install the Modified firmware. I'll read up on everything first on the Hummy.tv site. I assume that once I have installed the firmware the Fox T2 acts the same from the remote control point of view. I don't want my good wife to give me earache if the control she uses stops working and her recordings are lost. Will the installation cause recordings to be lost?
Cheers Alan

Update for anyone with a XBOX one.

The XBOX One now has a DLNA client. It will stream from a HDR FOX T2 (with the CF) and also a Foxsat-HDR with the CF and the Convert Files package)

Bear in mind you will be fine steaming HiDef to a PC once it has been unprotected by custom firmware ...
Out of interest, what do you recommend at the PC end? I can stream to the Nexus tablet with a uPnP, or to the Mac with VLC player, but the PC version of VLC player doesn't appear to work (just goes into "not responding" when you select Playlist/uPnP).

There is an issue with the latest version of VLC for Windows, there is a thread about it on this site somewhere. I am using VLC 2.05 and it is fine. I know some people use Splash Player Lite (from mirillis.com).

Back