What To Do with a Dead or Unwanted HDR-FOX, HD-FOX, or DTR-T1000

chippywolf

Hello all.

My Fox T-2 (customised firmware, original hardware) has been retired as the HDD is starting to fail on me.

It's been replaced with a very different solution, so the T-2 is now going spare.

Getting it to someone might be a bit tricky in the current circumstances, but I'm willing to give it a go. I'm in Oxfordshire.

Does anyone want it?

OP
Black Hole

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
It's been replaced with a very different solution
Do elaborate...

has been retired as the HDD is starting to fail on me
Seems excessive, just for that

Getting it to someone might be a bit tricky in the current circumstances, but I'm willing to give it a go
If nobody else speaks up I'll certainly take it, there's no hurry at all for delivery unless you are desperate to get it out of the house. I'll reimburse costs and a bit more on top.

chippywolf

Do elaborate...

Seems excessive, just for that

If nobody else speaks up I'll certainly take it, there's no hurry at all for delivery unless you are desperate to get it out of the house. I'll reimburse costs and a bit more on top.
Replacements are a Manhattan T3-R and an HD Homerun connected to my Plex setup.

The HDD has been slowly failing for a couple of years now. There are also freezes if it's left on for days at a time and the occasional reboot loop, but only on certain channels. I could replace the HDD and tinker with it generally, but I'm not sure I've got the energy.

I'm happy for it to live on with someone who can use it for parts or as a backup. I've had my moneys worth out of it after 10+ years.