What would be the fastest way to connect T2 to the network

Perhaps if your bank refered to your balance in pence rather than pounds one day you wouldn't be upset? They both start with 'p' so who cares which symbol is used, eh?
Providing they put the decimal point in the right place ;=)

I think something similar happened with the Hubble mirror, although both stories might be apocryphal.

Mars Climate Orbiter broke up in the atmosphere of Mars during orbit insertion because an interface which expected data in Newton seconds was supplied with pounds seconds. There are plenty of online sources for this.

I'm less familiar with why the Hubble mirror was wrong. Re-purposing a planetary spy satellite optics to be a long distance space telescope supposedly didn't help.

Mars Climate Orbiter broke up in the atmosphere of Mars during orbit insertion because an interface which expected data in Newton seconds was supplied with pounds seconds. There are plenty of online sources for this.

I'm less familiar with why the Hubble mirror was wrong. Re-purposing a planetary spy satellite optics to be a long distance space telescope supposedly didn't help.

No one actually looked through the telescope before it was launched :roflmao:. The mirror was incorrectly figured so they had to fit a correction lens to correct the aberrations (In effect they made a monocle :) )

No one actually looked through the telescope before it was launched :roflmao:. The mirror was incorrectly figured so they had to fit a correction lens to correct the aberrations (In effect they made a monocle :) )

I know all that. The question at hand, and what I'm not familiar with, is WHY the mirror was wrong. It wasn't deliberately designed to be wrong...

Back