Whats Next?

atb

Years and years ago my first Hummy was a PVR-9200T... I still have it! It was great and there wasn't much around that could better it - at the time
Then I got a HDR Fox T2... I pre-ordered it... it arrived on my doorstep the day it was released... I'm still using it now.

But whats next?

YouView has been somewhat underwhelming and 'Smart TVs' seem to be the 'must have electrical item for the home'

What's going to be the new Humax that I'm going to want to pre-order?

I don't think that there is anything that 'betters' the HDR Fox T2. If I were you I would try to locate a spare one! They are getting like rocking horse poo to find new now.

but whats next?
if your were Humax what type of device would you be developing to supersede the HDR Fox T2?

Seriously, we don't know what will be released until its is released. You can be sure that they are working on something though!

Quite frankly, apart from adding the ability to view IPTV channels, I cannot think of anything else I wish a box to do.

I can understand the reluctance for someone to spend on a 'new' box, only to find that a more up-to-date, (technologically), model is released soon after, but that is par for the course.

Not any help to you, sorry.

I can understand the reluctance for someone to spend on a 'new' box, only to find that a more up-to-date, (technologically), model is released soon after, but that is par for the course.
That was a problem when I was buying a PC years ago - every week there would be a new model that was faster and cheaper. It was difficult to decide when to take the plunge.

My answer is to adopt the policy: if you need it now, buy it now and have no regrets. If you don't need it, don't buy it.

What's going to be the new Humax that I'm going to want to pre-order?

Something without inferior components? Without software bugs? Something that doesn't conflict with other networked devices? That doesn't encrypt everything? That allows you to backup your recordings so you can keep them when you get a replacement?

I don't think Humax is likely to produce anything like that soon, but we can all hope...:disagree:

Take a look at the HMS-1000T or 4tune (that's probably what it costs) available in Australia. Miles ahead of what we have in the UK. Four tuners (funnily enough), remote scheduling (wonder where they got that idea), the ability to stream live TV to smartphones and tablets and the ability to cast content from a phone/ tablet to the device and playback on the attached TV. It also has built in Wi-Fi, bluetooth capability for use with mouse and keyboard and wireless headphones, built in sharing using Samba and a slot for an extra removable hard drive for file copying. Interestingly the pictures on the website show BBC One and BBC Two in the EPG menus.

Last edited:
Four tuners: that was a long time coming! I could go with that!

Remote scheduling is part of Youview and <free time> but only from a phone/tablet.

About the casting from your phone/tablet: I assume it only works if your device has miracast or some other protocol? (Mine don't.)

I am amazed the advert mentions the Humax Portal. Probably the worst portal ever?

It looks like in OZ it goes for 500 - 600 Dollars, however if it was sold in the UK my guess would be they may use the same dodgy calculator they use to convert US Dollars to UK Pounds, e.g. 1:1 :)

Back