1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the Maximum number of Recodings on a PVR220 is it 320?

Discussion in 'PVR-9200 Freeview Recorder' started by hlatham, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Anyone know ? I'm sure the maximum number or distinct recordings on a pvr220 has been discussed before. I know the pvr goes a bit doolally when you exceed the max. Is it 255? 312? I think aldaweb Might Know. Have the old posts been lost?

2. keithatrochdale

keithatrochdale Super Moderator Staff Member

255 was the max on a 9200

3. MartinLiddle

MartinLiddle Super Moderator Staff Member

I don't know what a pvr220 is but for a 9200/9150/9300 the answer is 511. I don't recollect any reports of what happens when you reach the limit (but that might just be my memory ).

4. MartinLiddle

I think it is larger. I think hummyreadfiles could only cope with 255 but the box itself can go to 511 (radio and TV combined).

5. keithatrochdale

Sorry Martin, but I clearly remember people who put in larger HDDs on the 9200 saying that the filing system limited it to 255 or 256 recordings.

6. MartinLiddle

and I clearly remember it being 511; lets wait for someone else to come along.

7. BMAX

BMAX Member

Agreed :)

8. MartinLiddle

Here is a link to a number of people (including xyz321 who I regard as the authority on the 9200 file system) all stating that the limit is 511 http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=738666

9. keithatrochdale

I stand corrected, I was maybe getting confused with son_t transfer program, for which I did a lot of testing.