Where to buy the HD-Fox T2?

lstar337

I'm having a real hard time finding one of these at a sensible price at the moment.

All I want to use it for is streaming from my HDR in the lounge to this in the bedroom.

So far I am finding most stores only have the HDR, and the few that have the HD, are charging so much it would be crazy to buy one!

Anybody got any ideas, or an explanation as to why this is happening?

As a side question, does anyone know if the YouView box has similar content sharing? That way I could get a YouView box for the lounge and retire the HDR to the bedroom.

Supply and demand. If you want a streaming solution that works out of the box, the HD-FOX is your best bet. If you don't mind fiddling around a bit, buy a Raspberry Pi and configure it as a media streamer, and use the custom software on the HDR-FOX to unprotect the HiDef content.

Supply and demand. If you want a streaming solution that works out of the box, the HD-FOX is your best bet. If you don't mind fiddling around a bit, buy a Raspberry Pi and configure it as a media streamer, and use the custom software on the HDR-FOX to unprotect the HiDef content.
I just want it out-of-the-box simple so the OH can use it too. I was looking at the Fox T2 because I remember reading that anything other than that was hassle, especially because most (if not all) of the recordings will be HD.

Maplin discontinued them, and were selling them off for just under £50 a while ago.

It's an option, but I would prefer to get one from a company where I can expect support if the box is faulty in some way.

Ebay is often used by individuals to offload unreliable goods.

I'm guessing that Humax have dropped all enthusiasm for this feature in favour of being Youview's lap dog? Looking into the Youview box, it seems to lack 'content sharing' along with just about every feature that makes the HDR Fox-T2 so good. What a shame.

Back