Where's COM5/ARQ A ?

bottletop

Anyone else missing some channels this evening, from roughly 22:50?
I don't think any on COM5/ARQ A are available.
Not sure if I should try a retune.
I tried a retune on the TV as a test. Didn't get the channels back, but LCN 74 (U&DaveJaVu) is available.

Last edited:
someone on the other site posted this..............

"This evening I lost Sky News and other ARQ A and ARQ B channels (Crystal Palace transmitter) on my Humax, and also on my Sony Android TV.

The Signal Test page shows 0% on Tuner 1, but a healthyish 90 and 92% strnegth on 2 and 3, with 100% quality on both.

Weird thing is, that I lost the same channels on the Sony TV too, and connecting my input and output antenna cables directly to eachother (ie bypassing the Humax), I'm still getting no ARQ channels on the Sony.

Is it possible the ARQ transmitter is down (there's no sign of issues raised on social media, os it seems unlikely).

Any ideas what I can check?"

"

Looks like it was a reception issue. TV and HDR fine this morning. It was down yesterday at 22:45 for maybe a couple of hours. The only information I can find is a bit on downdetector, but that also list issues with Freesat, BBC iPlayer as well as Freeview!
Couldn't find a way to report it on freeview.co.uk last night. It only gave options to retune, retune or retune.

There were some Freeview channel changes, launches and renames happening on the16th Oct, perhaps this was the source
of the temporary loss of broadcast.
It's not. It just happens on the fly. To do otherwise for such relatively trivial stuff would be madness.

Back