which models can you transfer files from?

squareeyes2

I'm using an HDR with custom firmware and the ability to transfer and watch files on my pc is much used.

When i upgrade to another freesat recorder, can any of them do the same thing?

Thanks, Graham. I think I'll be looking for a second hand one. BetweenHumax and Raydon I think we peaked with the HDR and custom firmware...

Thanks, Graham. I think I'll be looking for a second hand one. BetweenHumax and Raydon I think we peaked with the HDR and custom firmware...

If you have a decent freeview signal the HDR FOX T2 can also do what the Foxsat can (Using CF) and in fact even more. It has a DLNA client capability which the Foxsat does not have.

sadly my fv signal is poo. Better since the switchover but still poo.

What are the extra features?

Among other goodies, it can decrypt existing encrypted recordings (which you cannot do on a Foxsat). It can also play back content from a USB device or from a networked device with a DLNA Server in most common formats. You can for instance view any recordings that are on your Foxsat that aren't encrypted.

or mpegs and avis from my nas and laptop?

sounds useful to have even if your signal is poor.

so would i be right in thinking that anywhere you had a T2 and it was connected to your home network then it would act as a viewer for any supported video format available on your network?

or mpegs and avis from my nas and laptop?

sounds useful to have even if your signal is poor.

so would i be right in thinking that anywhere you had a T2 and it was connected to your home network then it would act as a viewer for any supported video format available on your network?

Correct, provided the source of the content has a DLNA server. Windows Media Player on a PC is a DLNA server.

Back