Wifi connection

Hawickballs

Has anyone had any success connecting this box via wifi using anything other than Humax's own dongle? I tried an Edimax, which works with other Humax products, but not this.

There is a list of compatible WiFi dongles HERE, Note this list is for the HDR-Fox T2, but as it uses the common Humax dongle, the list will probably be applicable

Hmm. I've tried an Edimax EW-7711umn dongle but can't get it to work. Maybe Humax have nobbled it so it'll only work with their own dongle like Samsung did with my telly :(

Hmm. I've tried an Edimax EW-7711umn dongle but can't get it to work. Maybe Humax have nobbled it so it'll only work with their own dongle like Samsung did with my telly :(
There appears to be more than one type of Edimax EW-7711umn which identify themselves differently to the box so the problem is nothing to do with Humax. Probably easier to get one of the other dongles that are known to work.

Thanks, Martin. This dongle works with my HDR FOX T2, so it looks like I'm stuck with Ethernet. Ah, well. never mind.

Is the 1000s specified to work with a dongle at all?

You could use something along the lines of a TP-LINK TL-WR702n to provide a WiFi adapter on the Ethernet port, and just use the USB port to power it.

Back