wifi stopped working

The hideous ones don't include a mains pass-through socket.
My HomePlugs don't include a mains pass-through socket, and I don't think that they are hideous.:disagree:
In your opinion, as if your opinion has to be everybody's opinion. "I think HomePlugs are hideous things" would be more acceptable.

I think HomePlugs are a useful solution according to circumstances. The hideous ones don't include a mains pass-through socket. .
Don't you mean "I think The hideous ones don't include a mains pass-through socket" :)
I was thinking on the same lines my self.:)

I think it's pretty clear that it's BH's opinion in the way it's written. He qualified the first sentence, surely he doesn't need to do it for all subsequent ones!

Trying to get back on topic, I have no problem with the Wifi dongle on my HDR and I believe many others use them successfully. There are reported problems using certain Wifi channels though so if you have the option I'd try changing your access point to a different channel and see if improves things.

Did the deliberate irony go over somebody's head? Besides, as AF says, the paragraph did open with a qualifier.

There are reported problems using certain Wifi channels though so if you have the option I'd try changing your access point to a different channel and see if improves things.

It's quite possible that at the Humax location there is a neighbouring wifi on the same channel but similar or stronger signal.
If you have a mobile device you can use an app to see what's going on - I use Wifi Analyzer from farproc on my Androids.

Oh, stop it you lot. Martypants is trying to get his WiFi sorted here, not entering into an extended conversation on the aesthetic appeal or otherwise of the method of connection.:frantic:

Hahaha i gave up in the end.
I will have to move the router and connect via wire if i want to try and access webif. Annoyed i wont be able to stream recordings to my tablet any more, this was a brilliant feature.

Back