Windows 10 file explorer only shows SD files

Tradewind25

I am attempting to follow the instructions in the Wiki entry "FTP Hi-Def Content Using FOXY"

My problem is this:
- I go to Windows 10 File Explorer and I can see "HDR FOX T2 Media Server" listed.
- I can navigate to My Content/My Videos and the folder structure beneath this is displayed.
- HOWEVER, the only files I see in this whole structure are some SD recordings (file extension .ts). None of the HD recordings are visible.

I am unable to see anything ia FTP.

Last edited:
If you install the custom firmware add on for HDR-FOX-T2 you don't need Foxy. HD files are decrypted in situ. Once decrypted you can copy directly to a PC or stream them to other kit with a dlna client.

Graham

Thanks for the response. Where may I find this custom firmware?
Would that add-on in fact address my issue of mot seeing the HD files via Windows File Explorer?

Even if you could see HD files, they would be as useful as a chocolate fire-guard unless previously decrypted (other than to play on the box that recorded them)
Re custom firmware. You could try a search or even check out the forum index.
But to save you the problem, the index to thye CF threads is HERE Have a read of the WiKi first to get an idea of what it's all about.

Even if you could see HD files, they would be as useful as a chocolate fire-guard unless previously decrypted (other than to play on the box that recorded them)
If you took the time to read the thread you would see it is about using Foxy to make the HD recordings capable of decryption.

My guess is that the OP is connecting to the DLNA server not the FTP server.

I am attempting to follow the instructions in the Wiki entry "FTP Hi-Def Content Using FOXY"

My problem is this:
- I go to Windows 10 File Explorer and I can see "HDR FOX T2 Media Server" listed.
- I can navigate to My Content/My Videos and the folder structure beneath this is displayed.
- HOWEVER, the only files I see in this whole structure are some SD recordings (file extension .ts). None of the HD recordings are visible.
You are looking at the DLNA service (not FTP), and HiDef is only made available (as standard) to authorised clients.

Start with the following, and follow the references:

Things Every... (click) section 5.

Incidentally if I try and use File Explorer under Windows 10 to access the Humax FTP server, I get a login dialog which works as expected and then I get this error message:
FTPError.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

Following up; in Kaspersky Settings>Additional>Network>Monitored ports setting the FTP ports to inactive fixes the problem.

Graham/Martin,

Many thanks - I too had the same issue with Kaspersky.
I can now see all files (SD & HD) in Windows File Explorer.

Geoff

NOTE: Interestingly I did also try accessing the Humax disk using the FTP client WISE-FTP 7. This did not seem to be affected by the Kaspersky setting in so much as I was always able to login and see as far as the /media directory. However (even after making the Kaspersky changes) it refuses to show ANY files beneath /media.
I mention this should any one have the same issue. I am happy to be able to do what I need to do via File Explorer.

File Explorer is fine if you use the FTP mode. When you were seeing "HDR FOX T2 Media Server" you were looking at the DLNA service - not FTP. Make sure FTP is turned on in the Humax menus: Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> FTP Server = On, and you will need to put something like "ftp://xx.xx.xx.xx" in the File Explorer address bar (where xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP address of the Humax - see Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN >> IP Address). It's all explained if you follow the information trail I have already pointed you to.

Black Hole,

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my last update. THE ISSUE IS NOW RESOLVED.
I am aware of the difference between DLNA and FTP entries in File Explorer. My issue turned out to be settings within Kaspersky.

No need to shout, and no it wasn't at all clear in the previous posts because you did not acknowledge the difference. I'm not a mind reader, and neither are the readers now or who may find this topic looking for solutions in the future. This forum is a resource for all.

Not shouting, just emphasising. I would have thought my quote: "I can now see all files (SD & HD) in Windows File Explorer" would have explained that the issue was resolved thanks to the discussion about Kaspersky.
There were various lines of thought going on in this thread. Apologies if you feel upset that yours was not the one to have resolved the issue.

Back