Wireless and Internet

Matt45

Hi,

I see on other threads that you can get some kit to make the Humax box wireless for iplayer etc. Is there something to do this for this lower end model? Also, can you get youtube etc through the freesat box?

Thanks in advance

Matt

I am using a WiFi dongle from Edimax. I just don't know the model.
Someone else?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry if i have come to wrong page but am a 72 year old technophobic. I want to know how I can connect humax fox 500 HDR to the internet in order to watch uk TV in Spain I don't know what leads in need or if I get connected , how to download film on free to the humax. I am currently watching film on free on my laptop, good reception but screen too small please help

Sorry if i have come to wrong page but am a 72 year old technophobic. I want to know how I can connect humax fox 500 HDR to the internet in order to watch uk TV in Spain I don't know what leads in need or if I get connected , how to download film on free to the humax. I am currently watching film on free on my laptop, good reception but screen too small please help
Do you mean the Humax Foxsat-HDR or the Humax HDR-FOX T2? I presume you do mean the Foxsat at this is the Foxsat section of the forum and the UK satellite beam patterns have been shifted (to a different satellite) so that Spain is now excluded.

I am not aware what services are available on the Foxsat TV Portal, but I presume it is only BBC iPlayer. The iPlayer service is locked to UK only or by subscription elsewhere - this can be got around using VPN to disguise your location, but the Humax portal will not accommodate that (or access the subscription service).

Many modern PCs have HDMI outputs - can't you feed that to your telly?

I mean humax fox sat HDR. You are right when you say it is the change in satellite and I know that I can get an hdmi cable but that means that I have to disconnect the humax from TV and then I can't record. I have since got itv player on using an Ethernet lead but I can't get BBC thanks for replying

So you only have one HDMI input to the TV? Have you not heard of HDMI switches??

Disconnecting the HDMI from the Foxsat to the TV does not stop it recording.

I think that when June says she can't record, she doesn't actually mean that it the technical sense. What I suspect she means is that she cannot see the Hummy output on the TV if she disconnects the HDMI, therefore can't see the EPG, therefore can't set a recording. QED. (And yes I know she could select the correct channel then press the instant record button without a display.). Now play gentle:)

Actually, it seems unlikely a TV equipped with Ethernet input only has one HDMI...

That's a bit harsh
That's a bit rich

What I suspect she means is that she cannot see the Hummy output on the TV if she disconnects the HDMI, therefore can't see the EPG, therefore can't set a recording.
Well excuse me!

Did we not always work like that, in the days before multiple-tuner recorders? Let's suppose that either the TV has more than one HDMI input or there is an external switch (very cheap, even remote-controlled). Switch to Foxsat input, set up recordings (but with no access to UK feeds one wonders what there is to record), switch to PC input, view iPlayer or whatever, switch to Foxsat input, view Foxsat recordings. It isn't a problem.

Just a point, I thought iPlayer didn't work outside the UK (copyright stuff!).
Unless you use a third party service to "spoof" the IP address to look like its from UK.

BlackHole said:
Actually, it seems unlikely a TV equipped with Ethernet input only has one HDMI...
Who said June had an internet enabled TV?
BH said:
Did we not always work like that, in the days before multiple-tuner recorders? Let's suppose that either the TV has more than one HDMI input or there is an external switch (very cheap, even remote-controlled). Switch to Foxsat input, set up recordings (but with no access to UK feeds one wonders what there is to record), switch to PC input, view iPlayer or whatever, switch to Foxsat input, view Foxsat recordings. It isn't a problem.
It might not be a problem to you, me or a lot of other people here, but June is a self confessed " 72 year old technophobic" and perhaps June is fluent in German and gets loads of stuff from 19.2E.
What still remains, can she actually get iPlayer via the internet in Spain? She can obviously get something that she wants to watch on her lappy, so an HDMI switch so that she can output the computer or Hummy to the TV seems to be the answer.

Hello,
I too live in mainland Europe and can clarify for everyone of what works, or not, in regards to the ITV and BBC Players on the Humax Foxsat-HDR.
To be extra clear the hardware in question is the satellite receiver for Freesat. It will have Freesat written on the bottom left of the front of the machines shiny facia.

If you do not live in the UK i.e. your IP address is not a UK one, the ITV player DOES work.
On the other hand the BBC iplayer DOES NOT. It is not a fault with the machine.

I had read somewhere (forget where) that the promise of youtube coming to Freesat did not include this machine, only its replacements.

Hope that helps (if disappoints) someone.

Back