Wireless

I'm using 85 Mbps home plugs and they seem to cope well using BBC iPlayer.

I'm not sure if mine will be suitable for streaming HD content, but they seem fine with SD content. I will have to wait and see when the TV Portal becomes available.

I'm not sure if mine will be suitable for streaming HD content, but they seem fine with SD content. I will have to wait and see when the TV Portal becomes available.

you can check for yourself, encode a file to avchd, set for sharing, then using the humax storage setting (set to network) find the file and see if it plays.

when av gets to mac layer its only 80Mb, not sure about 1.0, with luck you'll be ok.

let me know how you get on

im using homeplug av (200Mb), av2 should be out by the end of the year, not tried homeplug 1.0 ( 85 Mb) with av, but should be compatable

they may not be compatable, if anyone is thinking of going from 1.0 to av, please let us know if they are

I'm using 85 Mbps home plugs and they seem to cope well using BBC iPlayer.

It should do, iplayer only needs a few Mbps and I doubt your internet connection is anything like 85Mbps so as long as the network is faster than your internet you shouldn't lose anything. OK maybe a bit on package overhead but not that much.

Well, thats one of the few benefits of living in suburbia.

1Mbps does sound hard to live with, must be 10years since I had that.

my internet connection is two bakebeans tins some string and a runner, everything ok apart from sunday's, the selfish g*t wants a day off

It needs two baked bean tins! I new I was doing something wrong, one of mine is a soup tin, I suspect that gives me incompatibility between the ends :)

seen a post on ds about using a wireless usb dongle. a wireless router could be used, if set up right

I've got a spare wi-fi router. Any idea how they can be set to work with another wi-fi router? There doesn't seem to be any means of making it a 'slave' of an existing network. Is it as simple as giving it the same SSID and password? If it could be made to work, that would be grand as I could give shared access via the router (DHCP turned off on the secondary one) to my 3View box and my HDR FOX T2, the former of which has, as yet, no wi-fi capability.

set your second router has a station, google on how to do for your router

i've managed it without setting the second router has a station, but they did use different networking addresses, main router default address range 192.160.2.xxx second router default address range 192.168.1.xxx

Back