Wishful thinking? (eBay auction)

Ridiculous pricing, when you consider you can pick up a good condition 500GB version for £50 or less and then stick a new 2TB HDD in it...

Mine was £252.92 when I bought it on 29 October 2011.
Perhaps the EBay vendor was trying to offset inflation a little.

Makes me remember when I bought my first TiVo for hundreds and later on couldn’t give them away

Makes me remember when I bought my first TiVo for hundreds and later on couldn’t give them away
Yeah - thank god for the CF - if my box was still standard I would probably have binned it by now for a more capable box. For me this project is the FoxT2 life saver.

I wanted a TiVo so much that I bought a second hand one for more than the last retail price shortly after they ceased to be sold in 2003. Used it until early 2011, when EPG updates stopped. Still have it sitting on a shelf. Still miss its automatic recording based on likes.
Elsewhere I have a BT supplied Youview box. It is much smaller physically and more powerful, supposedly capable of 4K, but the facilities seem sadly lacking in comparison to the HDR+CF

That sounds do-able, if you can propose an algorithm to decide what qualifies as a "like hit".
The Remote Scheeduling auto processing (advanced) rules probably already contain everything you need to schedule recordings based on likes.
You can select based on genres, channels, words in title and synopsis plus a whole lot more.
Ask for assistance if you need help tuning rules to meet your likes

That sounds do-able, if you can propose an algorithm to decide what qualifies as a "like hit".

There is a 2004 paper describing the TiVo recommendations mechanism.
I have put the URL in the attached file as I am not allowed to post external links.
It essentially recommends shows that other people with apparently similar interests have liked.

The Remote Scheeduling auto processing (advanced) rules probably already contain everything you need to schedule recordings based on likes.
You can select based on genres, channels, words in title and synopsis plus a whole lot more.
Ask for assistance if you need help tuning rules to meet your likes
I have a quite extensive set of advanced rules.

Attachments

• tivo_recommendations.txt
    140 bytes · Views: 9
Back