Wouldn't it be nice if ...

Ezra Pound

Fairly obviously, a feature request thread.

O.K., You are chase playing a programme that is going to over run it's normal end time and you get that really annoying on-screen message "Terminate the current programme in order to allow a scheduled recording", or words to that effect, you don't want to miss the very important "and the winner is . . .", so you answer 'NO', two minutes later the over running programme ends and you have the opportunity to switch to the cancelled recording channel, but what channel was going to be recorded?, no idea, the on-screen recording schedule won't tell you, the Web-If recording schedule won't tell you, sometimes the RS schedule will still have this info. but Today even that had been cleared of this info.

So would it be possible to store what programme / channel the cancelled recording was on somewhere?

There's a good chance the details would be in the automatic schedule backup (unless the programme had only been entered into the schedule that day). To display the backup go to the Web-If "Scheduled Events" page, then press the "Backup/Restore Scheduled Recordings/Events" button. Select the most recent automatic backup, and then click "View Backup". You'll get a list of programme names and their channels, and it seems to be in date-time order so the cancelled programme should be near-ish to the top.

Yes, thanks for that, as you say, there should be a record in the Backup/Restore, ideally I would like to switch to the canceled channel just using the Remote (without having to Log-in to the Web-if), as time is of the essence, however it doesn't look like it bothers any other users - just me then

I just cancel any conflict messages that pop up due to overruns - The new program may show as 'Failed due to higher priority recording' but apart from missing the first few seconds the recording is (usually) fine.

It would be nice if there were an easy way to check whether the overrunning program was still running or whether it was just recording the credits and commercials.

I'm finding that the sheduled recording is being cancelled rather than delayed, I would expect this if the sheduled recording is on the current channel, due to the Humax not allowing chase play and recording at the same time, but the 'lost' recording was on a different channel

Having thought about it the above is due to a single recording being in progress and chase playing being active when a second sheduled recording needs to start, so when the 'Cancel chase play' request is refused, the second recording is lost

Last edited:
Back