Wrong CRID for Shetland ?

And again last night. Previous recordings were OK (but interrupted by the Winter Olympics coverage).

:rolling:
I know it's a pain in the rear end [for most users], but the more you post about the AR problems, the more I'm content to stick to padding the timers and keeping a watchful eye on the EPG. Technology (spit!). :)

I was always an AR sceptic. The nightly WftWA recording, apart from being useful in itself, is a probe to monitor AR performance (if anything gets shifted, the last scheduled programme of the day is bound to be affected). I can't use AR on my multi-region tuned units at all.

I'm not convinced you would have more success with auto-padding though, if you just left it to get on with it.

So much for 'set and forget'... I have never, for instance, been able to record a split program without having to set both parts. I was under the impression that this should work by setting the first part as a series.

Works for me! The only reason it might not work is if the links are not in place.

Try this: Go to the EPG and find The Flintstones 1505 this afternoon (interrupted by FYI Daily). Highlight the first (or second) half and you should see a green jigsaw puzzle symbol near top right in the programme details - that's the split link icon. Select "record whole programme" and both halves get the clock symbol.

If that doesn't work for you there's something seriously wrong.

<redface> That worked perfectly BH</redface>
I seem to recall however that it was ITV4 that was problematical - will do some more testing...

I have recorded on series the first two episodes of the above. However the next episode has not been scheduled (it is sitting in the list but not set). Checking the CRID I see it has changed.
Can someone please confirm that they have the same problem and are the BBC having problems with CRIDs as well as AR ?
Thankyou
My recording Ep3 of Shetland on 28th Feb. wound up in the folder for the last series of Silent Witness. Might be worth looking for it there if you also recorded that series.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My recording Ep3 of Shetland on 28th Feb. wound up in the folder for the last series of Silent Witness. Might be worth looking for it there if you also recorded that series.

Yes, mine too. Only found it by accident when - having realised the Shetland folder was empty - I saw there was something in the nearby Silent Witness folder and thought "oh well, might as well watch that instead...". In fact I had two "Shetland" recordings in the SW folder - the first of which turned out to be a football match.

Back