Xenforo 1.3.5

No, no better. The pop-up edit window is disabled, but the "more options" stand-alone edit page also opens as large as required to accommodate a long post, and scrolling down to the later text pushes the toolbar off the top of the screen.

Does the same not happen in other browsers?

For reference, the previous version of Xenforo opened edit panes which were no bigger than the screen, and text scrolled within them.
I have just checked, and it is working properly for me using Firefox 33, but using Mercury browser on the iPad, it is behaving as you describe.

Why do you think it is broken?

Because all I see is an icon with the broken flash through it. As shown in my post.

Edit: I thought it would display a decent icon. Not just spell RTFM when hovered over. My mistake if I got that wrong.

Thanks for that. Initially I was viewing on my works laptop, don't laugh, but it is still running IE 6. Secondly, I was using Tapatalk on my iPhone 5s. The correct icon was not displaying on either. However, when I use my home PC and Chrome or my iPad/iPhone and Safari, it is correctly shown.

Sorry for the confusion.

I have just checked, and it is working properly for me using Firefox 33, but using Mercury browser on the iPad, it is behaving as you describe.
Yes, it's fine in IE8 too. Can you turn the pop-up editor back on please?

Trev, sorry, I can't help. When I run IE, it automatically switches to desktop mode and 32 bit mode. I can't run it in 64 bit mode.

The toolbar is there in Chrome 64 bit, though.

The two versions of IE are the same on my 32 and 64 bit machines. However, the toolbar is absent from the 64bit machine and the reply field text is much smaller than the main body text. Both are OK on my 32bit machine. It must be one of the settings, but I have checked all of them and they are the same on both machines. As I said before, FF is OK on both machines, and so far I have resisted the temptation and avoided the 'also download' traps fore Chrome.

It sounds to me like the pages are not loading completely. If the download gives up before all the elements are in place, what you describe is the sort of thing you get.

I've taken to using Chrome lately, but I can confirm IE8 is displaying correctly in Win7/64 (for me, anyway).

Could it be that some of the style sheets and/or Javascript files are not loading on Trev's machine? Shift+F5?

(p42--47 of the source file loads a series of files.)

Code:
    <script src="js/xenforo/xenforo.js?_v=84603449"></script>
    <script src="js/xenforo/discussion.js?_v=84603449"></script>
    <script src="js/redactor/redactor.js?_v=84603449"></script>
    <script src="js/xenforo/bb_code_edit.js?_v=84603449"></script>
    <script src="js/xenforo/attachment_editor.js?_v=84603449"></script>
    <script src="js/swfupload/swfupload.min.js?_v=84603449"></script>

I have just enabled a new feature of Xenforo 1.3.5, that is the ability to Multi Quote when replying.
Enable Multi Quote
Enabling this system allows multiple messages across multiple pages to be selected and quoted in a single reply.
Please give it a try, and report any issues or comments here. I think that it is a useful feature to have, but it can be turned off again if users do not like it.

My bet would be even more unnecessary quoting of previous posts.
I don't get the toolbar on my Nexus10 either. (not using Tapatalk)

I will find it useful occasionally, I use work-arounds at the moment (but can always go back to them if necessary).

Can't see a problem with having that facility. I've used it on other forums and will probably use it here should the occasion arise. It saves either fiddly workarounds or making two posts when one would have done.
Those that don't like/want it don't have to use it.

I have just enabled a new feature of Xenforo 1.3.5, that is the ability to Multi Quote when replying.

Please give it a try, and report any issues or comments here. I think that it is a useful feature to have, but it can be turned off again if users do not like it.
I don't see what it achieves that you couldn't do before by clicking the various "Reply" buttons on messages. Every "Reply" added the quote to the editor. This does the same but with more clicks to achieve the same thing.

Back