[youtube-dl] YouTube said: Unable to extract video data

rodp

Hi all,

Having trouble with downloading this link

Caught error: ERROR: d6JS1RfMf4w: YouTube said: Unable to extract video data

Can anyone have a go to see if they can. It expires tonight so would be grateful if someone could test it out.

Thanks

Rodp

I can't get It to work either. If you have an Android phone or tablet you can download it with Tubemate:
Code:
https://tubemate.en.uptodown.com/android

hmmm, I wonder what's wrong with mine then. I've updated and restarted it too, I can't even do -F option as I get the same error message.

Tried some other links and they are not working either. Looked at the debug - can't anyone shine any light?

This is using 2020.12.09 but did also try it on the previous version which didn't work either so tried updating it but obviously no luck.
Code:
00:10:20 - Starting immediate download of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6JS1RfMf4w Options -v
00:11:22 - [youtube] d6JS1RfMf4w: Downloading webpage
00:11:25 - Caught error: [debug] System config: [u'--restrict-filenames', u'--prefer-ffmpeg', u'-f', u'best[height<=?1080][fps<=?60]', u'-o', u'/mnt/hd2/My Video/%(title)s.%(ext)s']
[debug] User config: []
[debug] Custom config: []
[debug] Command-line args: [u'--newline', u'-v', u'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6JS1RfMf4w']
[debug] Encodings: locale ASCII, fs ASCII, out None, pref ASCII
[debug] youtube-dl version 2020.11.01.1
[debug] Python version 2.7.1 (CPython) - Linux-2.6.18-7.1-7405b0-smp-with-libc0
[debug] exe versions: ffmpeg 4.1, ffprobe 4.1
[debug] Proxy map: {}
ERROR: d6JS1RfMf4w: YouTube said: Unable to extract video data
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mod/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/youtube-dl/youtube_dl/YoutubeDL.py", line 797, in extract_info
    else:
  File "/mod/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/youtube-dl/youtube_dl/extractor/common.py", line 532, in extract
    ie_result = self._real_extract(url)
  File "/mod/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/youtube-dl/youtube_dl/extractor/youtube.py", line 1910, in _real_extract
ExtractorError: d6JS1RfMf4w: YouTube said: Unable to extract video data

Can anyone have a go to see if they can. It expires tonight so would be grateful if someone could test it out.
I've just updated the package and the video downloads OK for me, but you won't be able to upgrade until 1am.
The old one 2020.12.09 works for me as well though.

This is using 2020.12.09
Not according to the output it's not. There have been some improvements to the extractors recently, so I guess this may be your problem (and not running the version you think you are!).

Not according to the output it's not. There have been some improvements to the extractors recently, so I guess this may be your problem (and not running the version you think you are!).

This is what it is saying in installed packages. So it's lying?!
1608682889699.png

How do you force update it? as I agree the verbose says: [debug] youtube-dl version 2020.11.01.1

ok, I'm wondering if the package updates section of webif is working properly as to be honest the only thing that has come through for the last month has been the youtube-dl. Have there been any webif updates recently for example?
1608683297630.png

You could try anyvideoconverter and get your file.
realise that but the problem here is that I can't seem to get youtube-dl to update despite it's saying it it.

It's now past 1am and there is a new version of youtube-dl to download which I've done
1608686350212.png
No errors showing there but the version still isn't updating on the log when running it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rodp

How do you force update it?
Try uninstalling and reinstalling.
If that doesn't fix it, you might need a manual cleanup between uninstall and reinstall:
Code:
humax# rm -r /mod/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/youtube-dl/
humax# rm /mod/bin/youtube*
I'm wondering if the package updates section of webif is working properly as to be honest the only thing that has come through for the last month has been the youtube-dl. Have there been any webif updates recently for example?
It is. Check out https://twitter.com/hummypkg and you'll see there's nobody much doing any updates apart from me. There has been a Beta Webif recently (which won't show up there), but nothing released for general use for months.

No errors showing there but the version still isn't updating on the log when running it.
How are you running it? From the Webif (qtube queue stuff) or command line? If the latter, what exact command?

humax# rm -r /mod/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/youtube-dl/ humax# rm /mod/bin/youtube*
removing the files and folders, and then removing it from the installed package list, then reinstalling seems to have fixed it

I was using qtube with the -v option to give me the debug info.

Thanks prpr for the guidance!

rodp

I suspect it was updating properly, but something was stopping it compiling the .py files into .pyc files properly.
We will never know now of course.

Back