YouTube status

MikeSh

Once or twice a month I watch programmes on YouTube. This used to work fine but for some time (months) when I get into the YouTube section of the portal I have the menu on the left (with Search, etc) and an error message on the right about 'servers' and 'try again in 30 seconds' or something. If I select search I get my previous search items listed, but if I try to actually do a search it just throws the error message again.
Same on both FOXs [Edit: this is wrong, it is just one one of the FOXs] but all works fine on the Humax 1010 satellite box (which I've been using but is a different interface and annoying as I can't find any way to get subtitles on it).

I assume the server reference is to Humax's, but maybe it's a local one in the box. Anyway, a quick forum search for YouTube hasn't thrown anything similar up, so does anyone have any ideas what is wrong?

Last edited:
Their end.
OK. Still doing it tonight.
Has Humax changed YouTube support? (If it's been mentioned here I must have missed or forgotten it.) I know some of the older firmwares are broken for some online services but I believe we are on the latest.
If it's just our boxes, what might be done to fix it?

I downloaded a 90 minute video from YouTube only the other day, via TV Portal and CF rip, no problem at all. If you're on stock firmware 1.03.xx (or CF based on same) you should be fine.

I had a doubt in my mind about it being both FOXs, so I specifically (re?)checked the other one and it works OK.
So I have a persistent YouTube 'server' failure on one of two more or less identical FOX boxes (see sig). I've no idea where to start with diagnosing this ... any ideas out there?

I would try resetting to factory defaults (without reformatting the disk). You will have to retune and set up your preferences again.

Back