YouTube

I am aware that you can save youtube recording on the humax with the custom firmware but I can not find out how.

Can anyone help.

Also is there a better you tube app that allows you to log in and watch your favorites or a better way to search even if that is using the pc.

This feature is not available on the HD-FOX as normal, but becomes available by restarting the HD-FOX in HDR Mode (as per decryption). The following applies to HDR-FOX, or HD-FOX in HDR Mode:

At the bottom of the WebIF media browser there is a button to save streamed content to the current folder. You have to use the TV Portal to select and start watching the iPlayer or YouTube video, and that has to run at least until the whole item is in the buffer (you don't have to watch it - the playback could be paused or the TV could be viewing live, but the Humax cannot be switched away from the portal).

While it is downloading, the WebIF button shows the download progress. Once the size stops increasing it is safe to stop the TV Portal and the rest can happen off-line. Click the button to save and you will be asked for a file name.

Also is there a better you tube app that allows you to log in and watch your favorites or a better way to search even if that is using the pc.
No.

Just googled and it looks like hdr mode is for the fox hd.

I have the hdr version already but do not see the option on the webif to save the stream.

Just googled and it looks like hdr mode is for the fox hd.

I have the hdr version already but do not see the option on the webif to save the stream.
Your post originally appeared in the HD-FOX section of the forum, hence I presumed you have a HD-FOX.

For HDR-FOX just read my post 2 without the first paragraph. The second paragraph begins "At the bottom of the WebIF media browser there is a button..."

Back