Youview app to be no more ?

sasquartch

I cant remember where I saw the message but it said something along the lines of the YV smartphone app will be shortly discontinued ?

Is this right ?

Would be a real shame if it was as I've on occasion found it useful to be able to browse the guide and set up recordings when away from home

It looks like unless you're a BT TV customer then that's it after March 31

A shame. I don't suppose Humax will be releasing their own app ? One of the reasons for buying the box in the first place was that I didn't want to be tied to a pay-TV contract

It has little to do with Humax. YouView is an organisation which contracted out manufacture of appropriate devices and mandated their user interface.

I don't suppose Humax will be releasing their own app ?
The continued lack of new Humax branded models for sale, other from low ranked sellers, suggests that Humax have lost interest in the production of the DTR-T2000. Unless Humax intend to get back into the market of Humax branded retail youview recorders they have no logical business reason for financing their own app.

Last edited:
I can use the BTTV app despite not being a customer. Works pretty effectively at setting and managing recordings.

I can use the BTTV app despite not being a customer. Works pretty effectively at setting and managing recordings.
This is an old thread.
BT opened up the app for non-BT customers almost two years ago near the end of March 2020.

The contents of the following link were updated to reflect this on the 16th March 2020.

Last edited:
Back