YouView delayed again (until end of 2012)

Missing the pre-Olympics launch is going to hit them hard I would think.
They're already too late now that a lot of TVs have built-in portals - I don't think there will be the expected demand once they reach market.
At least Talk-Talk and BT will still have something with which to replace their own services/boxes...

Missing the pre-Olympics launch is going to hit them hard I would think.
They're already too late now that a lot of TVs have built-in portals - I don't think there will be the expected demand once they reach market.
At least Talk-Talk and BT will still have something with which to replace their own services/boxes...

I know that TalkTalk are beta testing a new router for the Plus Tariff customers that will have YouView capability, so looks like they are gearing up for it, but seeing as Freeview have said they will have the backward EPG facility (wonder what Humax will do?) I wouldn't rush to buy a new box just so I could get catch up TV, when if you have a PC that has HDMI capability and you can therefore connect to you HDMI TV, why would you want to spend 200gbp for a box to connect to the internet, that you can do the same as via a simple cable?

I wouldn't pay Lord (Amstrad) Sugar in chocolate buttons, even though that seems quite appropriate

Back