Youview DTR2000 IR Extender receiver help with setup

buckoroo

I have just replaced my Humax HDR Fox T2(broken) to a Humax DTR2000 Youview box. I currently have a video/ir sender/receiver box which also sends out a ir remote control signal from the living room to the tv in my bedroom which is all i used to use this box for as the video signal is poor. I also have an rf modulator which goes from the scart on my Youview box through the modulator to a coaxial cable that goes from the living room to my bedroom tv just for the video/audio signal. This setup used to work with the HDR Fox T2 as in using the remote control to change channels etc. I cannot get the same setup to work with the Youview box. From what I understand the Youview box uses a higher frequency (56khz??) than normal ir receivers. If anyone could recommend a solution to the problem or has a similar problem help it would be much appreciated. As im getting rather confused as to what I should purchase. :thumbsdown:

One option I came across is the Marmitek Powewmid XL infrared extender set but not sure if it will work with the Youview box.

Is the remote control for the DTR-T2000 different to that of the earlier DTR-T1000? The DTR-T1000 uses the same set of remote codes as the HDR-FOX: if you have a HDR-FOX remote in mode 1 it will also work on the DTR-T1000. If you can get the DTR-T2000 to work with your old HDR-FOX remote then it is not the remote that is the problem.
Also check your video/ IR sender, if it is similar to the Digisender I used to use then there are different channels you can select for IR and Video. If so, check that they are the same on the transmitter and receiver: on the model I am familiar with it was quite easy to flick one of the pins, changing the channel in the process.

Is the remote control for the DTR-T2000 different to that of the earlier DTR-T1000? The DTR-T1000 uses the same set of remote codes as the HDR-FOX: if you have a HDR-FOX remote in mode 1 it will also work on the DTR-T1000. If you can get the DTR-T2000 to work with your old HDR-FOX remote then it is not the remote that is the problem.
Also check your video/ IR sender, if it is similar to the Digisender I used to use then there are different channels you can select for IR and Video. If so, check that they are the same on the transmitter and receiver: on the model I am familiar with it was quite easy to flick one of the pins, changing the channel in the process.

Thanks for the reply my remote works fine in the same room as my dtr-2000 so I know the remote is ok. I think the problem lies with my IR video sender equipment. I have a nikkai IR/video sender which has the options to change the channel (1-7) and they are both set on the same frequency . I'm sure it has something to do with the IR signal it sends. Just need verification of which ir extender to use to get it to work. Thanks again for your help Montyseviltwin. If anyone else has an IR extender working with the dtr-2000 please let me , for now I'll continue to do more research to see if I can find an answer.

Thanks for the heads up Black Hole never thought to check if it is functional or not just assumed it was ok as had been working previously. Will check that tomorrow on my hdr-fox.

Cheers.

Sorted my ir out happy days :) tried it on my previous hdr and it worked no problem, I had to hit a ir receiver sweet spot, it was on the front of my dtr-2000 just to the left of the front panel on/off button with my ir transmitter about 5cm away, I tried for ages previously to get it working :/ . Guessing its a must try harder scenario on my behalf :) thanks for both of your advices much appreciated.

Back