Poll YouView or YouRecord?

Which do you generally do?

• Watch stuff online instead of recording it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 473

Do you generally record stuff you want to watch later or watch it online?

Is this survey limited to those boxes that have multi-broadcaster online player and a real-time recording capability or does it include those with only a real-time recording capability?

Martin

I tend to record most things that I watch, but if I happen to miss something, I will usually try to watch it online.

Is this survey limited to those boxes that have multi-broadcaster online player and a real-time recording capability or does it include those with only a real-time recording capability?

Martin

Totally general. Just trying to get a grasp of what habits are like these days. Personally, I record everything I am likely to watch, then stop the recording or chase play if I watch it on-time. I only watch online if I missed something that looked interesting.

With many users having some some sort of 'capped Broadband service', they are likely to only watch programs on-line as a back-up for when recording fails

I record everything I want to watch and often start watching it 15 minutes late so that I can skip the adverts and still finish watching it at the same time.. 20 minutes for Five!

I don't understand where the data capacity is going to come from if/when a significant proportion of the population spend their time on catch-up services, Netflix etc. Video traffic has a priority because it is delivery sensitive, so what will be left for email and browsing forums?

I don't understand where the data capacity is going to come from if/when a significant proportion of the population spend their time on catch-up services, Netflix etc. Video traffic has a priority because it is delivery sensitive, so what will be left for email and browsing forums?

Me neither. I can't see it happening on 4G, either. Not for a long time, anyway.

I record everything I want to watch and often start watching it 15 minutes late so that I can skip the adverts and still finish watching it at the same time.. 20 minutes for Five!

Same here. SWMBO seems incapable of managing time! I'm sure she has an undiagnosed bladder problem. I just need to say "the programme you want to watch is starting" and she decides she needs to go for a pee! There goes another quarter of an hour! :)

Same here. SWMBO seems incapable of managing time! I'm sure she has an undiagnosed bladder problem. I just need to say "the programme you want to watch is starting" and she decides she needs to go for a pee! There goes another quarter of an hour! :)

I have to admit to guilt there, too. I have prostate cancer!

Back