YouView - Worth the hassle?

ian_j

In-laws have been sent a free box from TalkTalk and have asked me to set it up.

Is it worth the hastle?

They already have a Humax.

Probably not, it depends if the in-laws have a need for extra catch-up TV services, e.g. ITV-player etc

I'm not a closet pedant, but the title of this thread is doing my head in every time I log on. Hastle?

Plug into the mains, connect to internet, connect to TV with possible associated video switching problems = hastle if in-laws are not going to use it as per EP's comment.

And just to keep it poping up for you Rob, yes, hassle. Connecting to the internet seems to be what hassles most people. Wires dragging around the place or the vaguerities of WiFi connections all for nothing if they are not going to use it.

Oh all right then, popping and as for the v word I had my doubts, my spellchecker had its doubts but I thought that it sounded good to go with hastle;)

Plug into the mains, connect to internet, connect to TV with possible associated video switching problems = hastle if in-laws are not going to use it as per EP's comment.

Hassle is pulling out the cinema amp and plugging it in then running cables round the TV unit to try and get it to the TV.

All cabling is hidden so these new ones must be too.

RobH1 Unfortunately I can't see how to change a thread topic so it will have to stay.

Try setting your view of the forum to only show unread threads, until your post today it had not been replied to in over a week so would not show.

Back