Latest activity

  • T
    trog replied to the thread Python Snowflake Warning.
    That's capitalism for you. It needs ever growing consumption and that requires an ever growing population. Why do you think Japan and...
  • Black Hole
    Black Hole replied to the thread Amusing Items.
    We pay for admission to somewhere. In the old days, there would be a sign reading "Admission £1" (or whatever. I don't have any...
  • Black Hole
    Black Hole replied to the thread Python Snowflake Warning.
    That's the last thing we need. As unpalatable as it may be, the notion that economic stability relies on an ever increasing population...
  • RobH1
    RobH1 replied to the thread Amusing Items.
    Jeez, that's as old as me! :frantic:
  • T
    trog replied to the thread Python Snowflake Warning.
    I was not suggesting an exact copy of the student loans more a suggestion that if they have to pay back from future earnings then a...
  • Black Hole
    Black Hole replied to the thread Amusing Items.
    Like the Three Letter Anachronism, the truth is oft spoken in jest.
  • Black Hole
    Black Hole replied to the thread Amusing Items.
    But that in itself is wokery, not being allowed to crack a joke just because someone, somewhere, might find it offensive. You should...
  • gomezz
    gomezz replied to the thread Amusing Items.
    I always say "optical delusion" :)
  • Black Hole
    Black Hole replied to the thread Python Snowflake Warning.
    If we're into 'travellers' now, so far as I am concerned they are drop-outs who want to live their own lives (fair enough), but without...
  • Black Hole
    Black Hole replied to the thread Amusing Items.
    You mean amphibious!
  • T
    trog replied to the thread Python Snowflake Warning.
    The 🥧🔑's own the land then build on it and seek retrospective planning permission which takes it out of the remit for police action and...
  • T
    trog replied to the thread Python Snowflake Warning.
    I would not worry about that, Musk, Bezos and Zuckerberg will be the only ones who can afford meat before that happens. The nearest us...
  • Black Hole
    Black Hole replied to the thread Python Snowflake Warning.
    They're the ones I mean (over-sensitive over-16's). The type for whom King Lear was not written. Not that I would want to, but I'm not...
  • Black Hole
    Black Hole replied to the thread Python Snowflake Warning.
    The way things are going, with the sensitivities of the little darlings who need to be warned what they are about to see in case it...
  • Black Hole
    Black Hole replied to the thread Python Snowflake Warning.
    IIRC Fletch has him by the lapels to assert authority. 'Mild violence, threatening behaviour' I would say, but perfectly OK in times...
Back
Top