Disk failing

Simple, but slow. The key is on the box not the HDD so recordings will still be OK on the new HDD

Thanks for the reply, Trev.

Sounds like an overnight job.

Any views on this?
My firmware is as follows
Web interface version: 1.2.5-6
Custom firmware version: 3.02 (build 2295)
Humax Version: 1.02.32 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.00)

Would I need to take extras steps to install a new HDD, and what would they be?

What size HDD do you intend to use. Have another read of af123's post re "Humax Version: 1.02.32" that you quoted in your #59 re versions and formatting.
There is a difference, but I can't remember exactly what off the top of my head.

Previous Humax firmware could not format drives any larger than 1TB, although it would happily work with pre-formatted drives up to 2TB. The current generation firmware can format drives of 2TB, and using special formatting could go larger than that (for the very intrepid only).

Ref: Things Every... (click) section 12.

That's the one I would go for if I were to chose a 1T disk. Personally, I stuck a 2T disk in mine. (and it's cheaper than the WD:))

I have FTP'd everything under /mnt/hd2/mod/ as per some advice Black Hole gave in another thread.

Am I right in thinking this contains my "current favourite channel configuration and scheduled recordings"?

If I FTP this back to the new HDD, will all my settings be as they are now?

Thanks for the reply, prpr.

That being the case, is there any way to save my current favourite channel configuration and scheduled recordings to external storage?

So why did you answer 'probably' in #72?
Shirly, if it's only 'probably' the OP wants to know how to do it definitely.

So why did you answer 'probably' in #72?
That was an answer to "If I FTP this back to the new HDD, will all my settings be as they are now?" and it ought to be "Yes", but I haven't actually done it myself, which is why I said "Probably".
Shirly, if it's only 'probably' the OP wants to know how to do it definitely.
Do what? The schedule etc. is in flash and doesn't change. All the other files (and schedule backups) are on the disk which is going to get copied.

I like to have as much information as possible before I sally forth on a technical task.

And the HDD won't arrive for a couple of days.

Dig out your digital camera and photograph the settings and reservations. If your worst nightmare happens :) it won't take long to re-enter them.

Back