Interesting Items...

For a credit card that would be the diagonal. Which makes it hard to do the rest of it?
I prefer (b). At least a credit card is credit card sized with (b)! :lol::lol:

I thought principal axes would work, but was not convinced it gave a reasonable definition if you took the first two (largest) axes! What do you think?

Its footprint is credit card sized. Satisfied?
If their website had said that, yes. But it doesn't. Their wording is that it occupies the approximate space of a credit card.
These descriptions are really sales bull****. On their scales I could say a 6 foot snake is 'man-sized' and be correct. Saying anything is 'This'sized is implying similar dimensions and possibly mass, and the assumption by most people is that this is a 'real world' comparison (ie. 3D) unless you say otherwise, like adding 'footprint'.

How many double decker buses?

MikeSh, I see what you mean now and agree it's a fair point. Pity it derailed any discussion though.

Double-decker bus == standard comparative measure of length
Olympic-sized swimming pool == standard comparative measure of volume
Wales == standard comparative measure of area

Fab piece about media serving etc on today's Gadget Show (Jon Bentley, second segment - ie after the first adverts). I need to watch that again.

Last edited:
Thanks BH, will catch up with that. I haven't watched that show since Suzy Perry left. :inlove:

I eventually watched it. Ironically, the streaming from Demand 5 was dreadful, lots of pauses and skips, lost sound, etc. (I am streaming BBC iPlayer now without a glitch!)

I thought the box that needed 4 satellite inputs was a bit much.

Apparently the government is planning to screen Ebola. Personally, that is one programme I do not intend to watch.

Firefox Hijacks it's own home page

If your firefox Home page looked like the one one the left, don't be alarmed to find it now looks the one on the right, Mozilla have introduded a new home page which I though was a hijack for a gaming website, not sure how long this has been there but I only noticed it two days ago.

firefox-home.jpg firefox-game.jpg

Back