New Update (w/c 05 May 2014)

JefUK

Today (02 May 2014), received the following message from Humax:

Thank you for contacting Humax Support.

The next update for the HDR Fox T2 will be next week. You will be prompted to update when it is released and this will fix the slow scrolling issue.

Best Regards,

Intriguing! All other reports have been that next week's update is the same as the last one, i.e. 1.03.12 with the slow scrolling bug/feature. Mind you, Humax support have been known to get it wrong before!

Intriguing! All other reports have been that next week's update is the same as the last one, i.e. 1.03.12 with the slow scrolling bug/feature. Mind you, Humax support have been known to get it wrong before!

The reply from Humax was an answer to my question about the release of new firmware resolving the "new" HD channel recording problem AND the slow scrolling of the EPG.

I suppose it could be a different 1.03.12.. we know there were at least two different 'versions' of 1.03.06 installed on factory devices.

I'll put a tenner on Humax support getting it wrong unfortunately as Barry has already said he's not heard if an EPG fix has come through yet and he will be better informed than the support staff.

I think they will have meant to say the HD recording issue has been resolved.. I'm sure Barry will confirm soon enough.

Given that Humax appear to have abandoned their beta download site, it sounds like it might be worthwhile someone capturing this OTA update anyway, as was done the last time it was broadcast, just in case it does turn out to have something new and useful in it. (I would offer to do it, but I have no idea how!)

I suppose it could be a different 1.03.12.. we know there were at least two different 'versions' of 1.03.06 installed on factory devices.
But wouldn't this cause a problem for anyone who actually updated to 1.03.12 last time. The fixed version of this would not update their boxes!

AF123, will you be capturing this download, just in case it is different. So that we CF users can also get the fix?

I just got the sales email from Graham North. It describes it as a repeat.

Repeat Downloads for the HDR-FOX T2
Model: HDR-FOX T2
Software Version: FHTCP 1.03.12
System ID: 80BC.7E00
Update Date: 07 FEB 2014 (as will appear in the System Information menu)

Release NotesTV Portal upgradeBBC iPlayer Version 3 (now supports subtitles)Supports BBC News & Sports Apps (to be released March 2014)Improved WiFi connection reliability Improved EPG FIND resultsResolved recordings failures (using Padding) when in standby for over 8 daysResolved BBC Three HD and Four HD recording issuesAll these fantastic improvements will take place automatically if your HDR-FOX T2 is left in standby mode overnight.
The Over Air Download (OAD) has been booked for the following dates during May:

Start: 07/05/2014 @2am
End: 12/05/2014 @9am

Start: 14/05/2014 @2am
End: 16/05/2014 @9am

Start: 19/05/2014 @2am
End: 21/05/2014 @9am

Dates are subject to change. For details of future dates or changes please check theOver-Air Download schedule

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Just received this in a marketing e-mail from Graham North:
Graham North (sales@humaxdirect.co.uk) said:
Repeat Downloads for the HDR-FOX T2

Model: HDR-FOX T2
Software Version: FHTCP 1.03.12
System ID: 80BC.7E00
Update Date: 07 FEB 2014 (as will appear in the System Information menu)

Release Notes
TV Portal upgrade
BBC iPlayer Version 3 (now supports subtitles)
Supports BBC News & Sports Apps (to be released March 2014)
Improved WiFi connection reliability
Improved EPG FIND results
Resolved recordings failures (using Padding) when in standby for over 8 days
Resolved BBC Three HD and Four HD recording issues
All these fantastic improvements will take place automatically if your HDR-FOX T2 is left in standby mode overnight.
The Over Air Download (OAD) has been booked for the following dates during May:

Start: 07/05/2014 @2am
End: 12/05/2014 @9am

Start: 14/05/2014 @2am
End: 16/05/2014 @9am

Start: 19/05/2014 @2am
End: 21/05/2014 @9am

Dates are subject to change. For details of future dates or changes please check the Over-Air Download schedule

Edit: got beaten to it by 4ndy. Perhaps they do read the forums, I said this a while back here:
I said:
How's about something in the Humax Twitter feed, or an update in one of Graham North's e-mails?

The latest OTA update still has the slow EPG scrolling issue.

I have never used 1.03.12 before - the lag is noticeable and could be better, but I find that it is just about acceptable.

The moral of this thread is - don't believe what Humax Customer Support tell you!

There I was, happily motoring on with 1.02.32 and 2.21, thinking I was safe with Disable OTA installed. What a surprise to wake up on Sunday with a completely reset Humax. Someone had kindly scrubbed all my channels and reset my box to factory settings. The Firmware was not updated. I see from above that the downloads start at 2:00am - does this defeat Disable OTA which is looking at 4:30am? I have now updated using download of 1.02.12/2.23 and apart from initial problems connecting to router I am very pleased with the update. No EPG problems, and I note the welcome appearance of ITV player on the new portal - albeit in development and not yet working.

Is the ITV player the custom portal?

I've looked on the normal portal and couldn't see any real difference apart from a couple of things that may have been there before but I had not noticed:
(1) On the portal landing page if I press Red > Green > Yellow > Blue > Green > Yellow > Blue I get a pop-up with the message "Do you want to reset device?". What is that about?
(2) In addition to the 'Family' user there is a second user (not setup by me), with a very common 4 numeric PIN. According to the Hummy.tv memberlist this person is in their mid-fifties.

This is with Humax Version: 1.03.12/2.22 (kernel HDR_1.03.12)
On Humax Version: 1.02.20/2.21 (kernel HDR_1.03.12) I do not get the 2nd user.

Custom Portal is completely changed! Suggest you install latest firmware 1.03.12 and Custom 2.23. Check package notes in Custom Package notes. Now completely different landing page designed around 'Apps'
New Portal Requirements

The new portal requires that the follow conditions are met :-
  • Custom Firmware based on Humax software version 1.03.06 or later is installed
  • Nether of the previous packages 'Custom Portal' or 'Portal Xtra1' are installed

Custom Portal ...

That explains it! This thread was about the non-customised firmware and therefore I was taking any reference to the portal as being the normal non-customised portal.

...Suggest you install latest firmware 1.03.12 ..
I have. I have also 1.02.20 for Audio Description on SD programmes. Later versions erroneously apply the AD fade byte setting to the AD channel instead of the normal audio channel.

FYI - ITV Player has been on the custom portal for a good 6 months.. its not going to ever launch unless we can reverse engineer their authentication process..

Thanks Chris - hadn't noticed that! - and I was getting excited:(
Are we on the correct forum? (post #17) I would still like to know why my Humax was hijacked despite having Disable OTA active?

Occasional (very rare) occurrences of it resetting itself to factory default have been observed before. It just happens, and is nothing to do with OTA etc.

There is an error in your first post today, I presume you mean 1.03.12 not 1.02.12. Be aware that you should apply CF over the correct version of original firmware. Be also aware that the various custom portals only work with the correct original firmware (new-portal for 1.03.xx, portal-xtra1 for 1.02.xx).

Back