[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

I have had similar conflicts reported, and it appears that a conflict is sometimes reported when the actual conflict is on a later day (note that one of your programs is a series) or else I have tried to set up a recording opf a repeat, but because of the CRID/PID is the same for the original and the repeat it reports the conflict on the original - which is why I'm trying to record the repeat ... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

MymsMan - The schedule shows start times and durations with :00 seconds, so there shouldn't be a schedule conflict (certainly that may be different when it actually comes to transmission times).

antipodean - I cannot see any such conflict in this case (POG Dogs is a series, but seems to be the last). I have seen instances where conflicts are NOT reported on a daily series, only the first occurance seems to be considered, so the conflict will only be reported on the day when the conflicting episode becomes the next to record (if that makes sense).
Inside Lego At Christmas has the problem that I think you are talking about - it is on 26th & 30th December; 26th is too busy, so I set the recording for the 30th, but it comes up in the schedule on the 26! I think I will have to remove it until after the conflict on the 26th and then schedule it.

There's something (amongst many things) I don't understand about the RS. As a very rare event, I have tried to schedule to record tomorrow's episode of Still Open All Hours, but the programme details come up without scheduling options. If I select HiDef instead, it's fine.

The only reason I can think of is if it is already in your recording schedule.

I thought of that, and I didn't think it was, but as you say - it is there in the uploaded schedule (even though I looked before and didn't spot it, I might have overlooked it).

do people find the rs auto reliable?

I had one search which when I checked today it said last matches were early December yet when I did show matching events it found one for tonight. Obviously I did not get an email alert for the tonight show. What are other people's experiences?

Yes. Whenever I have used it, it has worked fine.

Saved me from the wrath of SWMBO only last week as it happens!

good to know, I had thought that it was reliable but:

would af123 like to look into why my rsauto search in rs did not pickup today's entry and only showed last matching as of last month.

Generally find it works well

Got an issue at the moment with an entry for "have I got news for you" as it finds and records "have I got old news for you"

Can't think of a way of getting it to record the former without the latter?

Sent from here using a computing device.

Not the ultimate solution, but a bit of a work around, couldn't you use sweeper to delete them.

Yes was thinking of using sweeper. For the moment I've just tweaked the time setting as the original programme tends to be on earlier in the evening with the "old" version gets a late night slot

Sent from here using a computing device.

It is that old problem again; un-reported conflicts in the schedule.
The problem as before is a schedule that has daily occurances prior to the conflict.
The conflicts occur on Sunday; so should have been apparent last Sunday, but will probably not be reported until next Sunday, when the conflicting episodes come to the head of the list.

The X-Files: The Greatest Episodes on 5*; several instances leading up to Sunday, then 5 1:00 episodes in a row
20:00, 21:00, 22:00 (which is missing from the rs schedule list!), 23:00 and 00:00

Conflicts between 20:00 & 21:00 with
Call The Midwife; BBC1 @ 20:00 (1:00)
The Jump; Ch4 @ 19:30 (1:30)

Also conflicts between 22:00 & 22:20 with
War & Peace; BBC1 @ 21:00 (1:20)
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.; E4+1 @ 22:00 (1:00)

I have suspected for some time that RS Auto was not informing me of repeated occurrences of programmes even when 'Reset Matched Events' has been used, If I do this and then run 'Show Matching Events' some event are reset to show no 'Notified' date but others still show a 'Notified' date and and are therefore not flagged up to me. I have even deleted the RS Auto entry completely and then re-entered it as a new search, but there is still a 'Notified' date against some older matchings e.g. :-
hitchcock.png
Is it possible to reset ALL previous matches?

That's interesting and I had to go back to the code to remember how it works!

When you reset a particular auto entry, it removes all of the history that pertains to that entry.
However, when you view matching events, it looks at the history for /all/ autos (including those which have been deleted).
It looks at them all because an event could be caught by more than one auto, but not clearing the history for deleted autos seems like an oversight.
I'll fix that and clear them out for everyone.

Back